 Marketplace / Shopping / 12049
12048  |  12050
Subject:
Dawsonville LEGO Outlet Store closing :(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 02:29:12 GMT

For those of you who didn't know the Dawsonville Georgia LEGO Outlet store is
being closed (this is the first US LEGO Outlet opened in Oct. 1999). I guess
this is another sign of the tough times for LEGO retail. I know many folks have
never understood why Atlanta had two LEGO Outlet stores to begin with.

Everything that is left in the store is 50% off. There isn't a ton of stuff left
but there are a few good deals to be had. Next week whatever is left will be
marked down to 75% off.  January 22nd is their last day;I'm not sure how we are
going to survive in the Atlanta area with only one LEGO Outlet store...much less
one so far from my house.

Needless to say there will not be a NGLTC show on Memorial day at the
Dawsonville LEGO outlet, bummer :( The store and the employees will be missed. I
have heard that a few of the employees (Kenny) will be moving to the Discover
Mills store.

jt