 Marketplace / Shopping / 1158
Re: Lego close-out sale at Tuesday Morning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:04:23 GMT

Kevin Loch wrote in message ...
Don't get your hopes up.  I've been to exactly one Tuesday Morning
sale, and the selection was poor but the prices were worse!  It seems
that they marked everything up to the FAO Schwartz (+10%) levels or higher,
before applying the "discount".

KL

Kevin is absolutely right.  My wife bought some Play Mobil stuff as
Christmas presents for some of our neices and nephews.  What appeared to be
great bargains based on the Tuesday Morning price tag turned out to be so-so
deals when compared to Target regular prices.  The "original" prices were
even higher than those charged by the local Learning Express toy store which
tends to have the highest prices around.

I went to one of these sales once and found zero LEGO sets.  The place is an
absolute mad house.  I am not sure it is worth the battle and the one to two
hour wait in line to save 25% on something.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh