 Marketplace / Shopping / 1077
1076  |  1078
Subject:
More ToyTime.com problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 20:48:31 GMT

I posted before about problems I had with ToyTime.com, and things continue to
get worse, so I would definitely warn you guys about ordering from them.

If you recall, my first gripe from them was that they crushed my LEGO sets down
to force them to fit into a too-small box for shipping.  That was pretty bad,
but then a couple weeks later I received a bizarre email which seemed to be
confirming a garbled form of the order I had made.  When I called to ask what
this was about, I was told that they had email problems, and I should just
ignore it.  Hmmm.

Well, the latest wrinkle is that I just received my credit card bill and even
though I bought the sets during their buy-one-get-one-free sale, they charged
me the full price of both sets.  I called to complain and the woman was quite
defensive and claimed that they had issued my card a credit which hadn't shown
up on my bill yet.  Well, I check with my card company, and there's no credit
there.

This story isn't over yet, but I wanted to warn you now about considering any
ToyTime purchases.  It's not worth the trouble!

--Raymond Flournoy
flournoy@cs.stanford.edu       "Because, of course, a man with an
Computer Science Dept.          obsession is a man who has very little
Stanford University, CA         sales-resistance."      -- C. S. Lewis