 Marketplace / Shopping / 10401
Re: Zany Brainy deals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 07:28:02 GMT

an 13, 2003 2:43 pm US/Eastern
(AP) (NEW YORK) -- FAO Inc., which owns toy retailers FAO Schwarz, Zany
Brainy and The Right Start, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
Monday, pinched by tightening credit policies by a key lender.

http://wjz.com/finance/finance_story_013134543.html

Says they expect to close 70 stores by March as well, so there might soon be
good clearance deals to be had.

Troy

"Kevin Johnston" <kevinj_sfbay@yahoo.com> wrote in message
First saw these online, then stopped in and saw the same deals at my local
store (check for a clearance section separate from the usual Lego • shelves-- at
my store, the clearance Lego was all the way on the other side of the • store).

Monsters -- all 40% off, Lab is $30.

Some older SW System, and recent SW Technic -- also 40%, but the starting
prices aren't that great (e.g. TIE Fighter is now at $15 down from $25).

XTreme Tower -- 50% off, $25.

And misc. others including other brands.

I don't recall too many good-size clearances at ZB before-- in fact they • had
some Adventurers dino sets still, because they had never been marked down
before.

They also started carrying action figures for the first time this last • summer
(Spidey, Star Wars, etc.) so it seems this is Not Your Mother's ZB anymore • (not
surprising, given the recent corporate upheavals).

Kevin