 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 885
    Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Tamyra Teed
   I need to know where the boxes are. These people please let me know the status of the boxes you've either had last, or should have received. GB 1 Eric Brouwer, Paul Foster, Patricia Schemp GB 2 Patricia Schemp, Dave Jost, John DiRienzo Tech 1 I (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

        GB 3 & Mini 1 —Eric Brouwer
     GB 3 & Mini 1 Both of these boxes were sent by me to Mike U. I had them both at the same time, so I sent them in one box (since they happened to be going to the same person)for him to break back up when they move on. Don't worry, all the minifig (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

        Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Eric Kingsley
      (...) I have not heard, seen or speculated as to where this box is. Sorry but I have just about given up on ever seeing it. (...) Seconded, I like the rule. (...) Given up? Yes at the moment although I would still love for this to work so I hope (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

        GB 1 —Eric Brouwer
     I screwed this one up a bit in the beginning. I got GB2 first, and sent it along to John K. When I got GB1, I knew John K. was on the list as well, and thought he was next, so I mistakenly sent GB1 to John K. as well. GB1 skipped Paul F. and (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

         Re: GB 1 —Paul Foster
      (...) John K. contacted me in early October for my address, which I sent and that was the last I heard. I never received GB 1 and John K seems to have dropped out of site, he has never answered any emails since the first address request. (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

        Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Frank Filz
     (...) I have sent this one along to Canada quite some time ago. (...) I believe John still has this one. At one point he said he would ship it to me but it hasn't arrived. (...) Sounds like a good idea (though there may occaisionally be good reasons (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

         Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Hear Hear. A comment on the rule, I think the idea's in the right direction but it may need a bit of polishing/wordsmithing. Todd and I have special standing in that it was his parts and idea, and my work, that started many of these boxes off, (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

         Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Tamyra Teed
     Ok Larry, (or anyone else) what do you think we should change?? I'm up for changes in it.. I just want something that will keep these boxes moving and not to all the same people, We've got people on the lists that have never received a box yet... (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

         Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I agree. Your proposed rule doesn't address the problem, though, which I see as this: We did things first come first served. That's usually fair. But in this case, what it resulted in was the following: Person A discovered this thing. Person A (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

         Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Tamyra Teed
      (...) I've already tried to take care of most of this, that's why you'll find the lists aren't in exact order as they are on the sign up list, though that was agreed to long ago. though I like your idea of just moving the people around.. that's (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

         Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Doug Finney
     (...) Probably not a solution for all the boxes (maybe a couple of them?) but how about a dynamic list rather than a static one. Rather than sending the box to whoever first expressed interest 6 months ago, send it to whoever replies first to a post (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

         Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Larry Pieniazek
      (...) OOOOhhh.. I like that idea! (24 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

          Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Will Hess
       (...) As one who has been on the lists for a few months without seeing a single box I DON'T like that idea. Waiting is bad enough...to now require those of us who have been patient thus far to constantly monitor another newsgroup just to say we want (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

           RE: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Doug Finney
       (...) That's exactly why I said it's not a perfect solution. But take GB#4 for example. (It's not lost is it?) I think there's only one person on that list who hasn't already received at least one box. Knock everyone else off that list (including (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

          Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Frank Filz
      (...) I like the idea so long as there is some mechanism which makes sure that those who don't sit glued to their computer all day will get a decent chance to receive a box, and even better, something that makes sure there is a good flow (i.e. if (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

         Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Rick Kujawa
     I think this email update idea is terrible. Some people might not be at their computer that moment the availability is posted. It will lead to box sniping. I think we should just be stuck with the list as it is (fcfs). Maybe email the next recipient (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

         RE: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Doug Finney
     (...) Box sniping? Please define. Doug (24 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

         Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Frank Filz
      Doug Finney wrote in message ... (...) He's making an analogy to auction sniping on places like eBay where people with nothing better to do with their time hover over auctions which are about to end, and chuck in a bid which might win the auction, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

         Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —David Till
      Frank Filz wrote in message ... (...) the (...) I don't see this as a problem if people are restricted so as not to re-recieve a box before all those on the list have been accounted for, or perhaps not to receive the same box twice in say 3 months. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

        Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —James Brown
     (...) <working from memory, because what scanty notes I have on this are at home> I sent Mookie an updated list of Canada Tour participants last night, also. (...) Yes. Sean McInnis has it now, and it will go to Oliver Gesien (sp?) before resuming (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

         Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Martin Legault
     Hi every one, I was contacted during the holiday by Sean McInnis(IIRC) and should be receving Junk Box #1 soon. will post update when I'll receive it. Martin (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

        Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Steve Campbell
     (...) Tamy: Mini 1 was sent to Eric several weeks, possibly months, ago. SteveC (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

        Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Dave Jost
   Hello everyone... I just picked up on the jambalaya thing again... Sice I just read some messages on this tread This may have already be clarified... I have not received GB#1 or GB#2... (unfortunately).... Hopefully I will arive one of these soon... (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

        Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on —Kevin Salm
    Dave Jost wrote in message ... (...) has (...) Junk Box #2 seems to be missing still. Unless I have missed something. I believe that the last time an update for this box was posted was back in August 1999. If anyone knows where Junk #2 has gone, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)