 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1077
Re: Junk Box #3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 13:55:30 GMT

Mookie wrote:

Frank Filz wrote:

Ok, I'll be starting a new Junk Box soon. Unless anyone objects, I suggest
the list for Junk Box #2 after me be appended, except I propose inserting
Mookie first since she said she has some stuff to contribute. If David Pyatt
is still interested in some abused basic bricks and plates, and has some
stuff to contribute to the Junk Box in trade, we should put him up at the
front of the list also.

I'll rearrange the list a little and we'll get this box ready to start
moving !!!

Some basic rules for this box:

- I would like to get the box back after 10-15 trips

- Unless the next person in line wants them, no basic bricks and plates in
common colors (red, white, blue, black, yellow). Other than that, almost
anything is acceptable (if you can no longer recognize it as a LEGO part,
that may be too much abuse), if nothing else, someone down the line can
chuck it when the box gets too big.

I agree with Basic bricks, though plates I think would be ok.. they are
harder to come by in some sizes and if you have to you'd use one banged
up just to finish something.. thought this is just my thoughts :)

Good point. Let's keep the plates mostly to ones that are useable, just
not good enough the contributor's collection. With that in mind,
probably about half the plates I pulled from Junk Box #1 can go into
Junk Box #3, but I will still ask that we keep the quantity of plates
modest. Certainly though if there are say 5 black 6x6 plates, and you
have one in better shape than the worst one already in the box, consider
doing a swap instead of just an add.

- If the box starts to get too big, look through and throw out anything
which really truly is useless, or we can split the box, probably it's best
to check here before tossing stuff.

- Things like eye and mouth printed bricks are acceptable in this box in
small quantities

putting in small quantities? or keeping a quantity small in the box?

Keeping a small quantity in the box (like a handfull or less). When Junk
Box #1 came through my place, that was about what was in there, and I
left them in. The good points I see about these is that people who don't
get Freestyle/Classic/Basic sets might want a few, someone might have
MOC which needs a ton (if you do, please post in buy-sell-trade, you'll
get tons of respons I guarantee), or someone willing to use Brasso to
turn them into useable bricks.

- Due to the nature of junk, someone who has a use for lots of junk parts
may not want to contribute much, in this case, either put in a small amount
of good stuff, or a buck or two to cover future postage. If you really want
EVERYTHING in the box, post here and we can discuss how to handle it. This
is one box which I can see dwindling to nothing (I certainly don't want to
see it growing too big).

I'd like to see the box dwindle to nothing :) that's an interesting idea
over trying to bulk them up!

Frank

Just let me know when you're ready to send it out, Do you still have my
address?? If not mail me quick and I'll send it to you again..

Probably, but might as well send it to me, though if David wants basic
bricks, it might be worth sending it to him first.

I've got 70% of the stuff I'll toss in already in a couple of bag's so
I'll just have to do a little digging for the rest and I'll try to do
that asap.. Thursday looks good for that :)

Ok, I should be able to get it going by the end of the week.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com