 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1073
Re: Junk Box #3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 02:36:39 GMT

Count me in Frank... you're all gonna learn what a glutton for punishment I
am... :)  I would guess that between my son and I we can lighten the box
considerably so feel free to weigh it down :)  He has been wanting to start an
instruction box with our duplicates, so maybe we will do that one down the
road.

Dave

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Frank Filz writes:
Ok, I'll be starting a new Junk Box soon. Unless anyone objects, I suggest
the list for Junk Box #2 after me be appended, except I propose inserting
Mookie first since she said she has some stuff to contribute. If David Pyatt
is still interested in some abused basic bricks and plates, and has some
stuff to contribute to the Junk Box in trade, we should put him up at the
front of the list also.

Some basic rules for this box:

- I would like to get the box back after 10-15 trips

- Unless the next person in line wants them, no basic bricks and plates in
common colors (red, white, blue, black, yellow). Other than that, almost
anything is acceptable (if you can no longer recognize it as a LEGO part,
that may be too much abuse), if nothing else, someone down the line can
chuck it when the box gets too big.

- If the box starts to get too big, look through and throw out anything
which really truly is useless, or we can split the box, probably it's best
to check here before tossing stuff.

- Things like eye and mouth printed bricks are acceptable in this box in
small quantities

- Due to the nature of junk, someone who has a use for lots of junk parts
may not want to contribute much, in this case, either put in a small amount
of good stuff, or a buck or two to cover future postage. If you really want
EVERYTHING in the box, post here and we can discuss how to handle it. This
is one box which I can see dwindling to nothing (I certainly don't want to
see it growing too big).

- If you want to contribute far more than you take out, and there is money
in the box, feel free to take a buck or two out to cover your postage (and
send me an e-mail, so that if we end up closing out the box to someone who
wants a pile of junk, we might send you even more cash).

- As always, one man's junk is another's treasure. If you refuse to use an
even slightly scuffed brick, go ahead and put it in, someone else will be
less fastidious (I'm putting in a few parts which I have tons of which are
in ok shape, but when put up against others are in noticeably worse shape).

Basically the idea of this box is to get a flow of damaged or discolored
bricks to people who can use them, meanwhile perhaps allowing someone to
complete a set with at least a not to horribly damaged part. I want to
encourage people to put as much junk in the box as they have (subject to the
box getting too big), and people taking out as much as they can use. The
idea of the cash reserve is so that those who don't have much use for
damaged bricks can recover some or all of the cost of mailing their junk to
someone who wants it.

Another thing I would allow should I start any other boxes (and other people
who start boxes may feel free to allow this of course), is that if you
contribute lots of junk, don't feel so bad about perhaps taking a bit more
from some future box which I start (or whose originator says it's ok) than
you put in. This provides one way of siphoning off some of the growth of the
other boxes.

If you contribute a part which has a bit of a story as to how it got abused,
feel free to post here, or put a note in the box (for example, one of the
two sailboard sails which I ruined by leaving in the wash basin too long
will be in there, so you can all see what happened to it).

If this is too many rules, feel free to express your opinions, and I'll
consider changing the rules.

Frank