 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9912
Re: Want my car? I want your LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 18:28:59 GMT

In article <B69ED24C.C0A7%sandlin@nwlink.com>,
Mark Sandlin  <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote:
$2,000?!?!?!!

I think you gravely overestimate the value of this car by at least 4 times.

The sick thing is that I'm not. Things get weird when talking about 30 year
old convertibles, just as they do when talking about 15 year old Guarded
Inn lego sets. :) ($150 for 246 pieces?!) $2,000 a little less than
splitting the difference between the two guides I looked at when trying
to determine what I should try to get for it.

The big difference between Lego and cars in this respect is Lego is
much, much easier to ship...

On the other hand, this is why I was joking when I originally posted the
trade idea. I have to find someone _else_ crazy enough to be into restoring
old automobiles and Lego. :) But, hey, after two responses, why not try?

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <