 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8936
Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:54:52 GMT

Jon Kozan wrote:

Much as I was afraid of.
(Note, that I _still_ don't have mine yet...)

While I'm glad that they are easliy willing to correct their mistake....
S@H doesn't have the systems to handle customized ordering (bad MRP system).
And, they can't afford to let this continue much longer, they certainly can't
afford to re-order parts or ship out so many extra parts on one order.

Sooo, it will be interesting to see what happen next. :-)
Will they fix their MRP/BOM problems????
OR, will they stop shipping out these customized orders/sets....???

I believe it might easily be the latter.
Time to buy the Mosaic, before they stop selling them altogether.
(I wonder what they might fetch on ebay when they've become super-rare...)

I don't see why the mosaic should be hard for them to ship. Ultimately,
because of how it's packaged, its just a group of sets which are ordered
in a somewhat bizarre way. Ok, I guess they do package the thing into a
"set" box, and then into a shipping box, and not just throw a bunch of
sets into a shipping box, but really, how is this any different than
ordering any other collection of sets? They do a pretty good job of
packing those orders (I've never seen a mistake there).

Now I guess they fact that the bags for the mosaic aren't given set
numbers may cause problems. If I was setting up the system for the
mosaic, I would have given each bag a set number (including the "set"
box if you really feel it's necessary). Then the only difficult issue
would be the instructions. I'd even make it easy for folks who really
just want the 1x1 plates and don't really care about the mosaic by
making the individual bags available the same way the bulk packs are.

They clearly mostly implemented it the smart way. They aren't trying to
package 1323 white plates, 27 grey plates and 611 black plates or
whatever.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com