 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17862
17861  |  17863
Subject:
Price Guide for Finding old LEGO at Garage Sales and Fleamarkets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2013 19:02:32 GMT

Many folks have seen old LEGO sets a Garage Sales or Flea Markets, or as they
say in Britain, at Car Boot Sales (where they sell items from the back of the
car or truck).

But you may have hesitated because you had no clue as to the value of the item
you were buying??

Well my Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide (2800 pages with 6000
images), has 2 sections at the back of the 73 chapter collectors guide... one is
a 400 page price guide on LEGO sets 1949-1980 in Dollars, the other is the same
guide in Euros.  And each of these guides has 10,156 prices listed for thousands
of sets in VG, EX, MIB and MISB condition.

The LEGO DVD/download can be downloaded to your computer Desktop, and also to
your i-Pad and i-Phone... (3 for the price of 1)... so you can have the price
reference at your fingertips at gagage sales (et al) if you have a mobile
device...

Just key in the chapter on either Euro or Dollar prices... and do a find on
#xxxx  (where xxxx = set number).  This command can be repeated for those LEGO
set numbers that are reused for more than one set... until you find the
descriptions and condition (VG, EX, MIB, MISB) prices you want to compare the
item you are contemplating purchasing against...

Although the price guides are only in Dollars and Euros... this can be easily
used for British Pound's as well... just take the Dollar price list... find the
item in dollars... and take 2/3 of the price to determine GBP ($1.00 = 0.65 GBP
right now!).

Here is a small example of the pricelist (and explanation) using just the
Homemaker sets of 1971-82...

http://www.youblisher.com/p/666171-Sample-DVD-Download-Price-Guide/

Very nicely formatted and easy to understand.

For those who own my old LEGO CD (that doesn't have this pricelist)... drop me
an EMAIL (istokg@earthlink.net) and we can haggle out a very reasonable price as
a repeat customer... ;)

Cheers,
Gary Istok