 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17796
17795  |  17797
Subject:
New Volume II LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide (1949-90s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2012 06:55:56 GMT

First of all I want to wish everyone a happy New Year...

In another 10 days or so, I'll be ready to ship the NEW even larger Unofficial
LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide on CD that takes LEGO collection on in to the
1990s.

The LEGO CD Volume II is now in its' final phase... no new additions (there's
nothing much left to add ) ... I think I have it all.... (not really, but I
like to think so!).

This CD will cover all the items that were in the first CD (1949-80) PLUS many
many more sets going into the 1990s. But almost ALL the earlier chapters have
updates as well... usually new images of never seen rare items.

And... as I know you folks always like freebies.... :)
________________________

Here's some additional freebies... I know the owner of the Michigan Building
in downtown Detroit... it was the site of the former 4050 seat Michigan Theatre
(also known as Michigan Palace), built in 1926 as an opulent movie house. In
1977 after a few years as a concert venue, the unthinkable happened... the
French Renaissance over the top movie palace was converted into a 3 level
parking structure within the surviving opulent interiors. I got to tour the
closed off surviving sections of the theatre...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/sets/72157626093396465/

... found a room (former theatre managers office) with a treasure trove of old
unused concert tickets from 1974-77 (back in the golden years of Rock Concerts).
The building owner said I could take as many as I wanted (so I took 90% of the
best in 5 large plastic garbage bags full)... and sold them for $$ on Ebay a few
years back. Well I just came across another bag full of them in that basement of
mine that always seems to hold LEGO surprises and treasures in all the nooks,
crannies, shelves and cupboards...

So anyone who has a CD order outstanding with me will
be getting a bunch of these rare Rock Golden Era survivors... here's a link to
some of the exact ones you will be receiving...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Michigan+Palace+Concert+tickets&_sacat=0&_odkw=Michigan+Palace+Concert+tickets&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
(By the way... all of these Ebay sellers got their tickets from me!)

For those of you who have seen Eminem's "8 MILE", then you have seen the
interior of the former Michigan Theatre, since it is shown about 20 minutes into
the film. It has also been seen on several TV shows and commercials. Also, at 8
stories high, the former Michigan Theatre is America's largest indoor "ruin".
________________________________

Anyway... getting back to the LEGO CD... this new "Encyclopedic" volume is "the
last word" on LEGO sets, parts, and history. Some items are not even mentioned
in the LEGO Archives nor seen in their Collections in Billund.

The CD is selling for $29.95 (shipping is $1.85 USA/Canada and $2.85
elsewhere)... and there will NOT EVER be a future updated version! It's in
there! :)

You can order it via my Bricklink store...
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=istokg&itemID=23123237

Or you can order it directly from me via Paypal to my account....
istokg@earthlink.net
...at either $31.80 ($29.95 + $1.85 shipping USA/Canada) or at $32.80 ($29.95 +
$2.85 shipping rest of world).

Some of the 70+ chapters now include... Fabuland, SCALA, Paradisa, all flavors
of Space, Castle/Pirates and Town... more spare parts, more basic sets, more
service packs... and a bazillion more pictures of very rare items you've never
seen before (when I show the folks in Billund... they haven't seen a lot of it
either :)!

Plus there's chapters on LEGO Counterfeits, LEGO logos, LEGO Idea Books, LEGO
Instructions, LEGO Advertising, LEGO Glued Display Models, Modulex, LEGO clones,
and there will even be a chapter with an online link to LEGO TV advertising of
the past!

And my 2 oldest chapters were completely re-written... the Automatic Binding
Bricks and LEGO Mursten chapters.  Ever seen green classic LEGO windows sold in
Norway? ... or 1x1 square and round LEGO bricks without studs?... ever seen old
roadsigns in with tan or red bases?

For those of you who have my previous 1949-80 CD, you know I did my homework.
You can't compare my Encyclopedic guide with any other item on the market! :)

Cheers, and thanks for your confidence in my work!
Gary Istok

P.S Lar and Bruce... don't order... it's coming with your pending ships...