 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17775
Re: USED sets for sale: 6990 monorail (and extra track), 7467 International Space Station
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2010 01:13:42 GMT

Here's the next batch of used sets - including the monorail and extra track:

6990 Monorail Transport System (1988)
6921 Monorail Accessory Track
extra monorail track
7467 International Space Station (2003)

6990 Monorail Transport System (1987)
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6990
This is in good condition considering its age, but definitely a used
set. No box, no original instructions, but I do include a printout of
scanned instructions - they are smaller than the original but I built
from them successfully.

All the parts are present according to the Peeron inventory, except that
the cardboard backdrop which came with the original set is missing. The
large trans-dark-blue pieces are scratched with use, but they are intact
and perfectly usable. The Futuron minifigs are in great shape - a little
dusty, that's all. The 32x32 light grey baseplate is slightly yellowed
with age, but not too badly. All the other parts are in great shape, in
fact a lot of them look new. I didn't notice any yellowing of the white
pieces while I was sorting it out, but there may be a few that I didn't
notice. I tested the monorail motor and it works. Battery not included :)
Price: US$220

I also have extra track and pillars, as follows:

Set 6921 Monorail Accessory Track (1989)
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6921
(used, complete, with box, no instructions) contains 4 long curves, 4
long straights, 2 short (8 studs) straights, 8 tall support pillars, 8
short support pillars, and 20 light grey 1x4 plates. All the parts are
in good condition but some are a bit dusty. Box is flattened and has
considerable shelf-wear, and tape on one end.
Price: US$85.00

Extra loose track: 7 long curves @2.75, 1 long straight @15.00, 1 ramp
bottom @3.50, 2 ramp tops @3.50, 1 left and one right switch (not on-off
switch, but track direction switch) @13.50 each, 3 tall pillars @0.50,
4 short pillars @0.25, 30 light grey 1x4 plates @0.06. Total $76.05

The whole lot of monorail adds up to $381.05: if you buy all of it, I'll
give you a deal at $350.00. I'm willing to sell the 6990 without the
extra track, but all the extra track needs to go together, I don't want
to be trying to sell odds and ends separately.

7467 International Space Station (2003)
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7467
Complete, with box and instructions. Still partly assembled to preserve
the stickers. In great shape, no yellowing. Includes instructions, fact
book, and partial sticker sheets (not all were used). Price: US$20.00

If you want any of these sets, please email me immediately with your
shipping address so I can calculate shipping for you. Payment must be
via Paypal.

The paradisa sets are coming, but there are a batch of 1970s town sets
coming first, including a Sail and Fly Marina. The only Paradisa I have
nearly ready is 6419 Rolling Acres Ranch, but there are a few pieces
missing and I'm considering just throwing the pink pieces and baseplates
on Bricklink and forgetting about the rest. If you are VERY anxious for
this set, let me know and I'll give you the full scoop.

Kevin