 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17197
17196  |  17198
Subject:
Gary Istok - Rare First USA (1961) & First Canada (1962) Catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:49:44 GMT

I have been cleaning out my Lego closet, and came up with a pair of rare Lego
catalogs I am putting up for sale.  They are:

1) The very first USA Lego catalog, the 1961 Samsonite catalog, in MINT
condition.  It has a glossy (shiny) finish, with colorful diagrams of Samsonite
Lego sets.

2) The very first Canadian Lego catalog, the 1962 Samsonite catalog in MINT
condition.  It has a matte (dull) finish, with colorful diagrams of Samsonite
Lego sets.

The Canadian catalog is twice as large, with English on one side, and the same
pictures of the sets on the other side in French.

Here is how both catalogs look (they have the same set pictures, but with
different prices and parts counts).

http://home.comcast.net/~strandee/v1867_2/60s_d1.htm
http://home.comcast.net/~strandee/v1867_2/60s_d2.htm
http://home.comcast.net/~strandee/v1867_2/60s_d3.htm

Again, the Canadian catalog has everything pictured twice, once in each
language.  Like all the 1958-64 European catalogs, these were folded first
before being inserted into Lego sets.

Both in Mint condition for only $40.

Gary Istok