 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 16719
Re: Some G.I.Joe minifig customs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:47:02 GMT

Hi Bruce

Thank you very much for your kind words.

   I went through all of these when they came up on Brickshelf and they’re really great work. I think the most impressive details are the braided hair on some of the anime figs,

There’s just something about anime-style character design that demands a bit of extra effort. :) I’ll be making postings highlighting various of those anime-related figures at some point.

   but all of the paint and customized head/headwear jobs are awesome.

Much appreciated. If somebody out there is motivated to pick up a brush (or whatever) and try their hand at customizing as a result of seeing these, that would be great. It takes some time, some patience and some practice, but it’s a lot of fun.

   There are threads on your figs on classic-castle:

http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3719&highlight=norbert

and on the Minifig Customization Network:

http://redbeanstudio.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=412

Eeep... =8o Um. *waves at audience* Thank you?

   So you sell these?

Yep. I’ve sold roughly a hundred Lego minifig customs over the years (along with other action-figure customs), almost all locally in the Ottawa area.

   Do you have an on-line store?

No, it’s mostly a sideline for me, so I’ve kept things on a word of mouth basis so far. That said, at least one of my friends in ParLUGment (hi Deborah!) has been trying to shove me into the brighter spotlight of the online world. :)

Recently, I did a “subscription series” of custom Canada Post figures. There was a mention about it in this thread:

http://news.lugnet.com/build/minifigs/?n=1460

Anyway, at the moment, all my work is handled by The Comic Book Shoppe in Ottawa (they’ve got a website and contact address that a quick Google search will turn up), and is done to commission. If you (or anyone else) is interested in learning more, post a request in this thread and I’ll lay out contact details. Otherwise, I won’t spam the assembled Lugnet audience. ;)

Once again, Bruce, thanks for your kind words, and thanks for bringing my work to the attention of the Classic Castle forum.

Regards,

Norbert Black