 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 13644
Re: Red Hook - Thanks Joshua
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:51:03 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Donald Alcorn writes:
Hi Joshua

Thank You for posting the additional info!! I subscribe to LUGNET
newsreaders via e-mail so I can keep in touch with the Lego world.
It is not as convienient as being on the web (which I don't currently
have
access to) but it works.

I do personally need the additional set numbers....  I combed
through my paper catalougs (my database) trying to find which set
that hook came in.

Best regards,  Don

P.S. I received a response from Kevin Salm, he has a hook.
Yahoo!!!
P.S.S. The tow BASE also came in BLUE, and I haven't been able to
find which set it is from either.

Yup, the Red hook I have is the one you want.
Now, what am i gonna do with an extra tow base with no hook??? :)

As for the Blue base, I got mine from set 6378 Shell Service Station (1986).  I
don't know of any other sets to have this in Blue.
Yellow tow bases are also not so common.  Sets 6628 and 6371 are the only sets
to have Yellow.  Red is all over the place.

My Lego Town is actually overrun with tow trucks.  I have tow trucks for Shell,
Exxon, and Octan service stations as well as one for the Police and a few
others for small auto service shops.  Since they are mostly custom vehicles, I
don't use the classic tow crane on all of them--there are so many other options
for creating tow trucks with Lego pieces.

When towing cars and trucks with these classic tow crane assemblies, one part
that works well is the 3 x 2 plate with rounded end and hole -->
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3176
It keeps the towed vehicle from falling off the hook when going around curves
or over bumps.  I keep one with each of my tow trucks, usually attached to the
bottom of the wheel plate.

__Kevin Salm__
....Over 20 years experience playing with Lego toys....