 Marketplace / Appraisal / 510
    Proposed Construction Toy Grading Standards —Richard Marchetti
   Hey Y'all: I could use some feedback on the following. Please do not reply to me personally at my email address, but rather reply here so that others may take part in the discussion over the issues that may arise. Thanks in advance, Hop-Frog (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

        Re: Proposed Construction Toy Grading Standards —Chris Maddison
     <snipped it all> Very good informative read, Rick. Reminds me of sports card grading systems. I think it'd be cool to get into the habit of using something like this; maybe a bit looser standards, but pretty close to. -Chris (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

         Re: Proposed Construction Toy Grading Standards —Richard Marchetti
     (...) Any constructive criticism in developing these grading standards is very much appreciated -- so thanks, Chris, for responding at all! The more voices I hear the better I can improve the standards and hopefully arrive at something that many (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

         Re: Proposed Construction Toy Grading Standards —James Brown
     (...) <snip> (...) Yup, 'tis fair. Also seems to be accurate, and sufficient, but I have to confess that my eyes started to glaze over about halfway down, and I personally will never use a grading system of that exactitude (either when selling, or (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

        Re: Proposed Construction Toy Grading Standards —Kevin Salm
   (...) I personally like the idea of a numeric grading system that also uses the labels you listed such as Very Good, Good, Poor, etc. Overall, your proposal appears easy to use and understand, primarily for buyers. The merchandising of new, unused (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

        Re: Proposed Construction Toy Grading Standards —Richard Marchetti
   (...) Well, the idea comes from things like the "Comic Book Buyers Guide", "Wizard Magazine", or something like that. So yeah, the idea seems to be to protect the buyers in some way. And while comic books can be worth hundreds of thousands of (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)