 Local / United States / Virginia / 79
Re: Going to DC, where to stay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.va.arl, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 19:08:37 GMT

"Rodney Gentry" <Whstlpig05@aol.com> wrote:

Anyone know of a decent (Yet affordable) hotel in the DC area.  Specifically
in the area of Potomac Mills Mall  :o)  Coming up for the weekend from
Roanoke (around 5 hour drive) with a large lego budget and lots of time to
spend in the outlet store (...and with the permission from the wife) and
wondered if anyone had any suggestions.  That, and how is the traffic around
5 or 6pm on fridays (I'm scared to ask).

...I don't know of any specific hotels and stuff, Check Yahoo for city info for
Dale City, Potomac Mills and Woodbridge Va. I'm sure there's lots of tourist
pages for the area, seeing as Potomac mills is the #1 tourist destination in
Virginia (scary, if you ask me...:-/

...As for traffic, you should be going against traffic at 6pmish on Friday, but
it will still be bad... You take your life into your own hands :-)

If anyone should be in the area, I would happily bring creations  :o)
(Mostly town/fire related)

...Most of us will be up in Chantilly next weekend for the Greenberg Toy and
Train show at the Capital Expo Center
(http://www.greenbergshows.com/greenberg.html$/shows/info.html). If you get a
chance, you should stop by (maybe a 30-45 min drive from the mills).

Looking forward to the trip......

...Just hide the money when you get to The Store the first time! It can be an
overwhelming experience at first and we don't need you hemorrhaging your life
savings in the first 10 minutes :-)

Rodney Gentry
Woodchuck County Fire and Rescue
http://members.aol.com/whstlpig05/Woodchuckmain.html
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Whistlepig

---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
jains.has.it        <-- Jain's Guide
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

Start planning for BrickFest 2002!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.com