 Local / United States / Texas / Austin / *224 (-5)
Subject:
anybody in the Austin area have NXT?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:02:58 GMT

Would love to get together with you and talk about the set, share ideas, etc.

Or do you know ne1 that has the set? Or plans to get it? Or is leaning toward getting it?

Y’all may remember me from two Austin meetings: the last one I went to was 2002 (I think), which met at NI and I sold a lot of my LEGO (made like $400). I sold some cabinets of LEGO and most of my train stuff.

But I did not sell my LEGO Tecnic parts or LEGO robotics stuff, knowing that someday I would use them again... Perhaps that day is now.

PS--Little did we know that NI would be the software develop for nxt. Or did we know that? :)

Alan

A,TX

Subject:
State-wide TexLUG Meeting and Public Expo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.la, lugnet.loc.us.ar, lugnet.loc.us.ok, lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:27:33 GMT

Howdy!

All the AFOLs from Texas and neighboring states are invited to come see and/or
join the Fall 2006 State-Wide meeting and public display in Houston!

The details:

When: October 7-8th 2006
Saturday 7th 10am-5pm  Public Hours 1pm-5pm
Sunday 8th 1pm-5pm  Public Hours 1pm-3pm

Where: Clear Lake City - Country Freeman Branch, aka The Freeman Library
16616 Diana Lane
Houston, TX 77062
http://www.hcpl.net/branchinfo/fm/fminfo.htm

Theme: This season's theme is a combination of Castle and Space, so bring your
CCC buildings and your Moonbase Modules.  As always, MOCs of any theme are
welcome to be displayed.

See y'all there!

--Anthony

Subject:
TexLUG Austin meeting cancelled; line follower contest postponed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 21:36:28 GMT

All,

This Sunday's TexLUG Austin meeting is
cancelled.

The robotic line follower contest
scheduled for 6/11 has been postponed.
Look for an announcement here for a
future date.

Future TexLUG Austin gatherings will be
announced as they are arranged.

-Tim

Subject:
New LEGO User
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 16:12:49 GMT

Sean Luke MacDougald
Born: June 1st, 2006 7:45AM
Weight: 7 pounds 8 ounces
Length: 20.25"

Gallery After Approval:

Taken about 59 minutes after birth:

Taken about 5.5 hours after birth:

Subject:
TexLUG Austin meeting Sunday 5/14
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 14:16:50 GMT

All,

Come on by the next Austin TexLUG meeting this coming
Sunday.  (And yes, it *is* on Mother's Day.  Show your
Mom you love her by getting out of the house for a
couple hours!)  Particulars are below.

If you have a creation to show, bring it.  I'll be
bringing tiles for the upcoming line-following
contest (the paint is drying as I type this), so if
you'd like to try out your 'bot before the 6/11
contest, now's the time.

For contest details, see:

  http://www.io.com/~rueger/lego/texlugaustin/line2006/

See you there...

-Tim

Date: The second Sunday every month (next meeting 5/14/06).
Time: 2:30pm-5:30pm
Location:
     Austin Public Library, Little Walnut Creek Branch
     835 W. Rundberg Ln.
     Austin, TX 78758
     (Just west of the Lamar/Rundberg intersection)
Phone: (512) 836-8975
(has map link)

Come on out and join in the fun!

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact