 Local / United States / Texas / San Antonio / * (-5)
Re: TexLUG at Halloween Howl'r
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2007 10:21:51 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Anthony Sava wrote:
   TexLUG was invited to attend the Institute of Texan Cultures’ Halloween Howl’r event in San Antonio, which corresponded with their “Here Be Dragons!” exhibit. We were asked to put together a medieval/dragon themed display, and while only Chris MacDougald and I were able to attend, between the two of us I think we did pretty good (well, the young master MacDougald helped, too).

Looks like it was a lot of fun! I esp. like the use of upside-down 1x1 orange bricks for the kiddies trick-or-treat bags!! Very nice detail for sure.

Imagine my surprise when I saw that you managed to take a photo of BrickLink’s main Admin/owner as seen below! ;-)

Subject:
TexLUG at Halloween Howl'r
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2007 08:12:28 GMT

TexLUG was invited to attend the Institute of Texan Cultures’ Halloween Howl’r event in San Antonio, which corresponded with their “Here Be Dragons!” exhibit. We were asked to put together a medieval/dragon themed display, and while only Chris MacDougald and I were able to attend, between the two of us I think we did pretty good (well, the young master MacDougald helped, too).

We also added a ‘Trick or Seek’ to our layout - a laundry list of hidden findables in the layout, with a little prize going to whomever could find everything on the list. On the list was everything from 10 Harry Potters to Spongebob and David Hasselhoff. It went so well I have suggested a seek and find be a permanent part of all of our future public displays (though our mail server seems to be down at present).

The lighting was horrible for photography in the museum, so I apologize in advance.

Full Gallery

--Tony

Subject:
TexLUG-SA May Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 19:21:49 GMT

What: TexLUG-SA Meeting

When: May 19, 2007 - 1PM

Where: Goerke’s Country Tavern

Who: TexLUG Austin, San Antonio, and the surrounding areas. Or anyone else
interested in LEGO.

Why: Because we want too.

See: http://www.texlugsa.org/2007/05/09/may-meeting/ for more details.

Subject:
State-wide TexLUG Meeting and Public Expo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.la, lugnet.loc.us.ar, lugnet.loc.us.ok, lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:27:33 GMT

Howdy!

All the AFOLs from Texas and neighboring states are invited to come see and/or
join the Fall 2006 State-Wide meeting and public display in Houston!

The details:

When: October 7-8th 2006
Saturday 7th 10am-5pm  Public Hours 1pm-5pm
Sunday 8th 1pm-5pm  Public Hours 1pm-3pm

Where: Clear Lake City - Country Freeman Branch, aka The Freeman Library
16616 Diana Lane
Houston, TX 77062
http://www.hcpl.net/branchinfo/fm/fminfo.htm

Theme: This season's theme is a combination of Castle and Space, so bring your
CCC buildings and your Moonbase Modules.  As always, MOCs of any theme are
welcome to be displayed.

See y'all there!

--Anthony

Subject:
New LEGO User
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 16:12:49 GMT

Sean Luke MacDougald
Born: June 1st, 2006 7:45AM