 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 500
499  |  501
Subject:
TexLUG at Halloween Howl'r
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2007 08:12:28 GMT

TexLUG was invited to attend the Institute of Texan Cultures’ Halloween Howl’r event in San Antonio, which corresponded with their “Here Be Dragons!” exhibit. We were asked to put together a medieval/dragon themed display, and while only Chris MacDougald and I were able to attend, between the two of us I think we did pretty good (well, the young master MacDougald helped, too).

We also added a ‘Trick or Seek’ to our layout - a laundry list of hidden findables in the layout, with a little prize going to whomever could find everything on the list. On the list was everything from 10 Harry Potters to Spongebob and David Hasselhoff. It went so well I have suggested a seek and find be a permanent part of all of our future public displays (though our mail server seems to be down at present).

The lighting was horrible for photography in the museum, so I apologize in advance.

Full Gallery

--Tony