 Local / United States / Ohio / Toledo / * (-5)
Subject:
COLTC 2006 Meetings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.akr, lugnet.loc.us.oh.cin, lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.loc.us.oh.day, lugnet.loc.us.oh.tol, lugnet.loc.us.oh.you
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 04:29:53 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Here are the COLTC meetings schedule for 2006:
  • Sat. Feb. 4th, 2006 from 2-5pm
  • Sun. April 2nd, 2006 from 2-5pm
  • Sun. June 4th, 2006 from 2-5pm
  • Sun. Aug. 6th, 2006 from 2-5pm
  • Sun. Oct. 1st, 2006 from 2-5pm
  • Sun. Dec. 3rd, 2006 from 2-5pm
Location: Panera on Mill Run (3625 Fishinger Boulevard, Columbus, OH 43026)

Any AFOL in the central Ohio area is welcome to attend. Dates & locations are subject to change; please visit our web-site for the latest meeting information.

Hope to see you there, --Mike.

Subject:
Call for MOCs at Bricks for Brains' First Annual Brick Bash
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.edu, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.tol
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 04:48:31 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

This is a bit of a repost, because the date changed.

For those of you who don’t already know, I present educational hands-on LEGO® building exhibits at museums, schools, etc. The Web site for this work is at http://www.BricksForBrains.com.

I’m holding my first annual Brick Bash (www.BrickBash.com) fund raising party on Saturday June 11, from 1pm to 5pm, here in Ann Arbor, MI, USA (those of you who are familiar with other annual spring-time events in Ann Arbor will catch the “Bash” reference).

So here’s the invitation to all AFOLs: Come show off your creations at my event! I can’t pay anything, but I can feed you and maybe I can find some gas money for you. Or, if you’re in the area and don’t have anything to show, stop by and visit. There’s NO admission fee.

Funds raied at the event will be used for turning Bricks for Brains into a non-profit organization, which will help me obtain funding, such as grants and corporate donations/sponsorships, so that I may continue to expand this work and present exhibits for organizations that can’t afford it themselves (like a lot of schools and the smaller museums).

I’ll have my big cable-stayed bridge there (13.5 feet long) and my Great Lakes ore freighter (9 feet long). Both are scale models of the real thing. There will also be other exhibitors, including a robotics guy.

More information is at www.BrickBash.com, or you can contact me at duane@collicott.com.

Hope to see you there! Come support education!

Duane

Subject:
Call for MOCs at Bricks for Brains Fund Raiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.tol
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:40:29 GMT

Greetings to all Michigan and Ohio LEGO builders!

Bricks For Brains is the name of my educational work. I present educational,
hands-on LEGO building exhibits. Information abuot my work is avialable at my
Web site: http://www.BricksForBrains.com.

I am holding my first annual fund raising event on Saturday, May 21, in the
afternoon, here in Ann Arbor.  The venue will be the Ann Arbor IT Zone, which is
right downtown. The purpose of this event is to raise the money needed to become
a non-profit organization. This status will help me greatly in obtaining funding
for my educational exhibits.

Along with other attractions and activities at this event, I would like to have
several builders show off their creations. These could be just about anything:
buildings, cities, trains, robotics, artwork, etc. Go crazy, hit me with
whatever idea you have.

Anyone who participates will be listed as a supporter of the event, and I will
aggressively promote (in mailings, announcements, signage, etc) you and whatever
organization you represent or are a member of.

Who knows, maybe this will end up becoming a regional AFOL event!

See you at House of Bricks!

Re: New LEGO Outlet Store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.tol
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:52:07 GMT

Christopher Tracey <ctracey@enviroweb.org> wrote:

Kyle D. Jackson wrote:

G'day folks,

This will be of particular interest to people in southwestern
Ontario (Windsor, London), eastern Michigan (Detroit), and
northwestern Ohio (Toledo).  A LEGO Factory Outlet store has just

Are there any other fans in Toledo?  Am I the only one?

...We warned you not to leave! Now you're going to have to culture fans up there
on your own :-)
---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

BrickFest 2001!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.org

Re: Ohioans build giant green arch and working ferris wheel!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.loc.us.oh.tol
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 17:39:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Troy Cefaratti wrote:

Come see the picture from our latest gathering in Northeast Ohio:

Looks like fun.  I'd like to come out for the next one (if my scedule permits).
Let me know when it happens.

The smaller arch was built by Eric.

The modified Silver Champion, the lamp posts and the Tie Fighters belong to
Richard Schamus, who stopped by while traveling through Ohio.

After your meeting Rich stopped by my house.  We didn't get much of a chance to build, but I did check out some of his models and and show hime some
unique items that I had in my collection. The only other time Rich was at my house was when I lived in VA, but that was a few days before I moved and
90% of my brick was packed away.  Therefore it was fun to see my entire collection.  He also fixed a problem I had with my caboose model for a year or so.

Here's some pics taken this morning before he left.

-chris

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact