 Local / United States / Ohio / *1273 (-10)
Re: Bellaire Ohio Plastic Brick Museum, still going strong!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 02:00:54 GMT

Home of the world’s largest LEGO(r) image.

Home of the largest private LEGO(r) collection

www.brickmuseum.net

The one, the only, Bellaire Ohio Toy and Plastic Brick Museum

We will reopen FULL TIME on April 16th, 2008.

also will be hosting Brick Show 2008 in Sept.

www.brickshow2008.com

Thanks

Dan

Re: LEGO museum in Ohio?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:23:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, James Trobaugh wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.us.oh, John Patterson wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.us.oh, James Trobaugh wrote:
   I ran across this listing on eBay:

Lego museum. DISPLAY, Statue, and DONATIONS NEEDED

I don’t know if this makes a difference but Ebay removed the listing, wonder why? John P

Maybe because I posted that on Mon, 24 Jan 2005

never mind...did not see any dates. We just did that listing about 3 weeks ago.

Dan

Re: LEGO museum in Ohio?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:21:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, John Patterson wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.us.oh, James Trobaugh wrote:
   I ran across this listing on eBay:

Lego museum. DISPLAY, Statue, and DONATIONS NEEDED

We are going to open a LEGO museum. We need TONS of blocks, displays, and any other lego “stuff” we can come up with. Presenters gain a place in HISTORY. We are selling space on a Plaque that will be put on the front of the building, as well as smaller plaques that will be put in front of individual display items. We are also purchasing LARGE amounts of special items for this project. Those people will not be included in the plaques, but will be put in a buying bio at the computer room (lego games a’ running). We will have a web sight in the NEAR future, and we already have purchased the building (old school house, 36,000 sq.) so we have all the room in the world to do this.

Anyone know anything about this? I’d like to hear more if so.

jt

I don’t know if this makes a difference but Ebay removed the listing, wonder why? John P

Ebay did not remove the listing, it ran its 10 day course!

I sold 2 tickets off of it, and got a couple of NICE sponsers as well.

Dan

Re: LEGO museum in Ohio?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:20:35 GMT

[...]

Re: Brick Museum in Ohio?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 06:56:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Dan Brown wrote:
   well everyone needs to be somewhere.

And in Ohio we are within driving distance of EVERYONE on the east coast!!!

Dan

I hope to get there some day soon.

Ohio is an interesting state, demographically. I never extended this, but it was in response to a posting about Ohio: http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=11573

Re: LEGO museum in Ohio?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 03:46:14 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, John Patterson wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.us.oh, James Trobaugh wrote:
   I ran across this listing on eBay:

Lego museum. DISPLAY, Statue, and DONATIONS NEEDED

I don’t know if this makes a difference but Ebay removed the listing, wonder why? John P

Maybe because I posted that on Mon, 24 Jan 2005

Re: Brick Museum in Ohio?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 03:34:45 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Dan Brown wrote:
   well everyone needs to be somewhere.

And in Ohio we are within driving distance of EVERYONE on the east coast!!!

Dan

Hey Dan, you do realize you are replying to a post from 2005 right? :)

Re: LEGO museum in Ohio?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 02:24:32 GMT

[...]

Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 02:17:46 GMT

well everyone needs to be somewhere.

And in Ohio we are within driving distance of EVERYONE on the east coast!!!

Dan

Re: LEGO museum in Ohio?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 02:15:42 GMT

   In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Adrian Drake wrote:
[...]

The bid is listed as being from Bellaire, Ohio which is way down south-east on the border with West Virginia, across the river from Wheeling. An interesting and very out-of-the-way place to put a museum.

That’s what I was thinking also. Why would you put it in the middle of “no where” (no offense to anyone that lives in that area) but you would want it in a location that people would visit on a trip or something.

The same reason the professional baseball and american football hall of fames are in out of the way spots?

-Orion

It is only 1 mile from Rt. 70 between Columbus and Pittsburgh!

Even Pres and Mrs Clinton came to our town in the last 2 weeks!!!

We may be in the middle of nowhere, but nicely placed in the middle of nowhere!

Dan

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact