 Local / United States / New Hampshire / *185 (-5)
Subject:
Moonbases in New England?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:45:08 GMT

Hey All!

I was just curious about how many Moonbase builders out there might be
relatively close to me.  Are there other Moonbases in or nearby New England?

The reason I ask is that although I plan to join in any Moonbase display at
BrickFest, I would also like to know what the possibilities are of local
displays as well.  Anyhoo, how about a psuedo-roll-call of New England area
Moonbase builders:

1. Hendo, Greenfield, MA; 1 Module, Plans for 2-4 more.

Any others?

FUT: .org.us.nelug, just to keep it tidy.

-H.

Subject:
Charlestown
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nh
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 23:40:27 GMT

I'm Lugnet member # 1742 as of 8-22-2002--WoooHooooo!  I live in Charlestown
NH, work @ Wal-Mart in Claremont & am usually in Keene every 2 weeks or so.
Just wanted to introduce myself.

Jeff

Subject:
upcoming Brick Testament radio appearances
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 20:19:52 GMT

Hi, all.

Those of you living in the UK, and those near Portsmouth, NH, in the USA
will get the chance to hear me blather on about The Brick Testament on the
radio.

This Sunday morning (4/13/02), sometime between 7:10 and 7:55am GMT, I'll be
on BBC4 radio, chatting with Roger Bolton.

Then a week from today, Thursday, April 18th, I'm scheduled to talk with
WHEB's "The Morning Buzz" crew at 9:30am EST.

Don't really know what to expect from either of these, but it should be fun.

-The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith

Re: Gobble Gobble! meeting? was: Re: Boo! meeting?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.loc.us.ct
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 20:01:49 GMT

Actually, I've been meaning to ask (and this seems like an appropriate time):

I live fairly close to the MA/RI boarder. Are there any people in the area
who'd like to get together sometime? I wouldn't mind trying that at some
point. I like the (Boston-area)NELUG meetings, it's just difficult for me to
make them.

Evil Wayne
"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, John P. Henderson writes:

Seriously, I know you'd be in for a long drive, but I hope you can make it out
for a meeting at some point.  And if you can find someone closer to your area,
set up a NELUG meeting out there!  Maybe you can make us drive out to you. :D

I would just like to throw in my 2 cents and say that I would be real excited
if folks wanted to have NELUG meetings in other parts of New England.  We have
a very well established group in the Greater Boston Area that keeps our general
meeting attendance at a consistant 15 to 20 people with special events
occasionally drawing even more.

That said, we started out with meetings of 4 or 5 which at the time I thought
was unbelievable!!!  Now I am disappointed if we have less than 10 people for
most functions.  (Although some events like Brikwars are pretty specialized so
head count tends to be lower at those events).

I guess what I am trying to say is that if there are 3 or 4 people in an area
outside of the Greater Boston area don't feel shy about having a meeting.  I
personally couldn't travel very far very often for a meeting but every once in
a while a change of scenery would be nice.  Also there are things like Train
Shows in other parts of New England that I would love NELUG to participate in
but without a local contingent to organize the display it makes it nearly
impossible to pull off.  Right now I know there are Greenberg shows in Hartford
and Providence along with the Wilmington MA shows that we currently do.

I would definitly make it for a day at one of these shows and make sure the
NELUG tables were available along with some of my MOC's.  I just can't commit
to all 3 days when the commute is so long.

Either way we love having new faces at our Waltham meetings so if you can't get
a group going elsewhere and you can make the trek then we would love to see
you.

Eric Kingsley

Re: Gobble Gobble! meeting? was: Re: Boo! meeting?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.loc.us.ct
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 19:34:11 GMT

[...]

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact