 Local / United States / Nebraska / *19 (-10)
Re: NEat-o keen!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.loc.us.ne
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 22:22:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Russell Clark writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Matthew Gerber writes:

I went to school in Seward, so found these pretty funny. Also, I remember a
thread about this Jeep set from Japan...obviously they do licensed sets as
well. The stadium set is especially cool, in size, and color.

Actually, I believe the Jeep set is by Best-Lock, an England based clone
maker. They have a Jeep license.

http://www.best-lock.com/1/Jeepmenu.html
http://www.best-lock.com/

Russell

Is the stadium produced by Best-Lock as well?  $40 aint that bad for a set
of that size.

Re: NEat-o keen!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.loc.us.ne
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 08:50:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Matthew Gerber writes:

I went to school in Seward, so found these pretty funny. Also, I remember a
thread about this Jeep set from Japan...obviously they do licensed sets as
well. The stadium set is especially cool, in size, and color.

Actually, I believe the Jeep set is by Best-Lock, an England based clone
maker. They have a Jeep license.

http://www.best-lock.com/1/Jeepmenu.html
http://www.best-lock.com/

Russell

Subject:
NEat-o keen!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.loc.us.ne
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 00:56:34 GMT

I was playing with the Google catalogs beta I just posted about here:

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=38576

when I came across these:

http://www.gohuskers.com/store/default.asp?itemnum=86006

http://www.gohuskers.com/store/default.asp?pageName=products.asp&itemnum=13

I went to school in Seward, so found these pretty funny. Also, I remember a
thread about this Jeep set from Japan...obviously they do licensed sets as
well. The stadium set is especially cool, in size, and color.

Matt

Re: A LUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ne
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:57:29 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ne, Tyler Hiemke writes:
but I would like to start a NELUG (or something like that)

I'm interested.  I think there already is a NELUG (NE for north east), but we
could have a HuskerLUG, or NebLUG, or something like that.
I live in Omaha, and have been playing with the Moonbase Project lately, but I
like many (all?) themes.
Hope to hear from you sometime.
Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander

Subject:
A LUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ne
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 14:32:29 GMT

People of Nebraska, very few members are located in our small, boring state.
I think the fact that less than 20 messages sit in this catagory proves it,
but I would like to start a NELUG (or something like that).  I don't know
where it could be held, but this is really just to see if many people would
be interested.  Please anyone even slightly interested reply to this post or
e-mail me.

Please,
Tyler Hiemke

Subject:
im from pierce
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ne
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 15:42:33 GMT

hi, i live in pierce, NE.  i was just looking through old news and came
across this news group. and the last post here was over a year ago!!!
anyway, anybody ever here of pierce?

peace

jd

Subject:
Going to be in Omaha next week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ne
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 01:50:21 GMT

I will be in Omaha Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this coming week (the
7th through the 9th of May, 2001) so if anyone is interested in getting
together, drop me a line.. (lpieniazek@mercator.com)

Thanks!

++Lar

Subject:
I'm an AFOL!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ne.oma
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:31:32 GMT

I live in Omaha, Nebraska and am looking for great deals anywhere and would
like to participate in some shows!  I think it'd be wonderful if we could
get a group going from Omaha and Lincoln and anyone else who can make the trip.

Re: Lego train club for the central midwest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ky, lugnet.loc.us.ar, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.ne, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.ok
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 16:06:43 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mo, Robert W. Green writes:

Ok guys, here is the way that I see it...

We have two or three people from St. Louis who are interested.
We have a couple of people from Kansas City who are interested.
We have one or two people from Kentucky who are interested.

It seems like we have enough people to organize something, however, meeting at
one place in person is sort of out of the question at this point.  (however, • if
we have enough interest now, I could be wrong).  I would tend to think that a
regional group based on interchangeable modules would be the only realistic • way
that we could ever get anything off of the ground.  That way each city (??)
could work on its own thing, but yet we could still come together at shows and
other things of the sort.  I will be more than happy to provide a place to • meet
that is centrally located, however, my home will not be done until late april
(weather permitting... hopeing for warm dry weather myself).  I will basically
have a entire basement to do with as I wish.  But comming together from such a
large area won't be too practical too many times a year.

I honestly don't know, I do know that I would like to see something happen.  I
don't want this to die out.  If other areas can do something of the sort, why
can't we here?  Anyways guys, let me know what you think.  We'll figure
something out!

Wayne

I am willing to provide a place to meet but only after the new year, it is
going to get buzy here. As for interchangeable modules I think this is a good
idea the The Pacific Northwest LEGO® Train Club has a site telling how to make
tables and specifications, http://www.pnltc.org/ToolSpec.html. These tables
can be put in any layout and size, and if we corisponded by E-mail or
lugnet.com we could orginize almost everything.

Andrew Reynolds

Subject:
Lego train club for the central midwest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ky, lugnet.loc.us.ar, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.ne, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.ok
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 01:34:52 GMT

<-- snip -->

Someone needs to take charge and decide on a place to meet or this thread is
going nowhere.  I don't know what else we can do at this point.  Any
sugestions?

John Warren

I think you should just set a meeting time and see who shows up.  So many
clubs worry more about their name, bylaws, and other inconsequential stuff, to
forget the real purpose of their existance.

If you want to take the PNLTC as a model, we can have a Mid America club with
people getting together in our own localities and then doing shows together in
Kansas City, Saint Louis, Kentucky, etc.  I think the PNLTC now has around 30
members who correspond via email.  Since the distance between Portland and
Seattle is around 3 hours driving time, they probably don't get together every
weekend.

Count me in as a Kansas City member who would enjoy doing shows once or twice
a year.  I would also be able to drum up support from a handful of other
people in Kansas City who could lend trains, track, and custom buildings for
shows.

Build well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.megsinet.net/~stabno/SimiLego.htm

[...]