 Local / United States / Maryland / 22
21  |  23
Subject:
WAMALUG Report and News
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:47:39 GMT

Friday was the opening of the Lego Outlet Store in Potomac Mills Shopping
Center, and many members of the Washington Metro Area Lego User Group
were there, eagerly anticipating it.  When the clock chimed 10 o'clock, we were
ready to rush in, only to be told it would be a few more minutes.  When they
were finally ready, we rushed in.  Some of us spotted the Technic sets sitting
on the shelves near the door, while others immediately noticed a rack of
2126s sitting against the back wall.  We all made bee-lines to our favorite
sets and made exclamations of joy at the various finds, including 8480s for
$90, 2126s for $40, and hard to find Belville and Paradisa sets.  After picking
up more than we should really have purchased, we wandered around with big grins
and conversed with the employees, including Buffie, the Manager.  She was happy
to see us, and amazed that there was a Local Lego club.  She even gave us a
large piece of left-over carpet!  After walking out with our huge bags of
purchases, we headed down to the food court for some lunch.  While there, we
discovered a McDonalds with Set #5 for $1.03!  Needless to say, I bought a lot.

After that, we adjourned to our usual meeting place for many hours of building
fun.  We set up a huge track and ran an extremely long train, had a couple of
spectacular crashes, including one off of an elevated oval of track.
Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, and we had to
eventually leave.

We did solidify plans for our next meeting, though.  We plan to have an All-Day
Build-a-Thon on December 4, and we invite anyone in the area to come.  I you
are interested, e-mail me (Dragonelf1@aol.com), Stephen (wubwub@wildlink.com),
Chris (ctracey@usgs.gov), or Denise (djadud@foleylaw.com).

We will also have a setup at the Gaithersburg, MD Great American Train Show on
February 26-27.  More details as they become available.

Jeff
WAMALUG Homepage: < http://wildlink.com/wamalug/ >