 Local / United States / Maryland / 111
110  |  112
Subject:
Pick-a-Brick In Maryland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.md.bal
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:21:49 GMT

I went to one of my favorite toy stores today, and they had Pick-a-Brick!

Severna Park Annapolis

The store is called Be Beep, and aside from having Pick-a-Brick, they also have a LEGO Expo every year (April 27th - May 11th this year), where you can display a model in their front window. And the staff is great!

The PaB bags come in two sizes, a $3.95 size and a $6.95 size. I filled both size bags up with 1x4 plates, and the smaller size was a little more cost-effective - 2.67 cents per piece versus 3.44 cents per piece in the bigger bag (or 148 plates versus 203 in the big bag).

The part selection is similar to the Tysons Corner Brand Retail store, albeit not as extensive. I got 1x4 plates in sand blue, as well as 2x4 plates in green.

All in all, very cool, and I hope PaB in independent stores catches on. Of course, now I’ll never be able to leave without making at least one purchase...

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations