 Local / United States / Maryland / *127 (-5)
Subject:
Gold Bricks/Pick-A-Brick in MD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.md.bal
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 20:35:13 GMT

I just picked up the DUPLO tub with gold bricks at Be Beep in Severna Park. They also had the DUPLO bucket and the LEGO tub with gold bricks.

Unfortunately, Be Beep has taken down their Pick-A-Brick section. The person I spoke with said that PaB had been discontinued due to lack of sales, and that the PaB display had been shipped to a toy store in Boston (The Construction Site, perhaps?)

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations

Subject:
Where to go in Washington area?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.md
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:48:26 GMT

After attending BrickFest I intend to stay about two weeks in the US. I'm from
the Netherlands, don't know the Washington area and don't have any specific
plans yet.
My question is what location in the wider area around Washington you would
recommend to spend a vacation, preferably with some pleasant natural scenery,
and a hostel or budget hotel.
Or should I better fly from the area to a more attractive part of the States
alltogether?

Thanks,

Eric

Subject:
WAMALUG meeting Saturday, May 14
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.dc
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 16:48:44 GMT

Saturday, May 14,
10:00am

If you're in the area and you have a chance just stop in, join us!

What to expect;
Planning and building for the June event and BrickFest
Show and tell of MOCs and all things LEGO
Welcome new guests
News from the LEGO stores.
Bring stuff to trade and or sell

Time: 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (GMT-05:00)
Location: GMU Arlington Campus
Room: 115, lobby and Game room.
http://www.wamalug.org/

Street map of locality and links to directions
http://coyote.gmu.edu/map/arling.html

Our closest subway station is Virginia Square/GMU on the Orange
Line
http://rideguide.wmata.com/

Hope to see you there.
Christina Hitchcock

WAMALUG

Subject:
Exploring the Universe Display with WAMALUG at the National Air and Space Museum, April 16th
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.wv, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 01:36:17 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

WAMALUG (Washington and Metro area LUG), along with members from NCLUG (North Carolina LUG) and other LEGO builders will be involved with the National Air and Space Museum with Exploring the Universe Family Day:

You can find the release here.

If you are in the area, drop by and see a Moonbase, Star Wars creations by Gareth Bowler and Galen Fairbanks, planes, spacecraft and even a model of the museum!

Many thanks to the members of WAMALUG and NCLUG who will be participating, and to the many builders who sent me models to show! There will be an event report afterward that will fully credit the participants!

Joe Meno
Display Coordinator, NCLUG Administrator, WAMALUG, um, member, and
.space paparazzi!

Re: Pick-a-Brick In Maryland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.md.bal
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:41:05 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Robert Fries wrote:
   In lugnet.market.shopping, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote:
   I went to one of my favorite toy stores today, and they had Pick-a-Brick! The store is called Be Beep, and aside from having Pick-a-Brick, they also have a LEGO Expo every year (April 27th - May 11th this year) ...

Which location has PaB & the Expo? (Annapolis, or Severna Park?)

Thanks for the info,

Robert

Both on both counts. Although, Annapolis is a smaller store and their PaB is even smaller than Severna Parks.

Pat Bunn (former BeBeep employee and frequent LEGO Expo Exhibitor)

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact