 Local / United States / Massachusetts / 373
Re: Close to home???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ma.spr
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 00:58:14 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma, Jeffrey Shaw wrote:
I knew Hendo was from Greenfield, he mentioned that when I joined Starship.
Can you send me some details and I will see what I can do (money for gas and
such is limited at this time...Out of work on disability...)  I have had an
interest in Brick wars and just being able to see others creations and how
they are built (most pictures don't give clues on construction details)  I
would also like to get out of the house and 6 kids(6...SIX...yes...SIX, and
My Lego site will be called the "SHAW FAMILY LUG" because except for my wife
and 16 day old son, we all build/play/experiment Lego)

Hi Jeff!

It's nice that you've got a family hobby going.  :)

Sorry I'm coming in this thread a little late.  I haven't been reading much on
Lugnet lately (outside of Starship) due to time, and would have missed it
entirely if Teddy had not so diligently included you on a recent email.

As for OurCon, Ted and myself and anyone else who wants to help will be setting
up a Moonbase display and Scibrick is possibly going to offer support from afar.
I had put feelers out for others to run a BrikWar or Pirate game but perhaps I
didn't push enough for volunteers to commit, and now it might be too late to get
a room -not certain though if someone wants to run a game please let me know
ASAP and I will find out.

OurCon is at UMass Amherst on April 16-18.  The latest word is that the Moonbase
might not have a space on Friday night though, so aim for the 17th and/or 18th
if you can make it.  More info about the con is here: http://www.ourcon.org/

It'd be fun to meet another Starshipper and AFOL, so it'd be great if you could
make it whether to help or just to view the MOCs and talk.

-Hendo