 Local / United States / Hawaii / 18
Re: An AUSSIE IN HAWAII....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.hi
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 04:29:20 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.hi, Jesse and Valarie Long writes:
Kev--

I think I am the Hawaii LUG.

Hmmm, I thought I was the only Hawaii LUG ;-)  Maybe we could form one?

Lego fans are a bit scarce (or at least quiet)
around here, and with the exception of some guy on the other side of the
island who scours the flea markets for cheap Lego he can resell on Ebay, I
don't know of anyone else on the island into Lego.

There are at least 2 people that I met but none as far as I know are
die-hard AFOLs.

I used to love castle, but it got so simplified that I lost interest.  I'm
still ticked that they switched to single-piece horses and wall segments.
Right now I focus on Star Wars Lego and the U.S. soccer sets.

Same here.  Loved castle ever since I could walk but then lost interest at
the time Ninja and Knight's Kingdom came out.  IMHO single piece horses,
minifigs and single-piece castle walls are OK.  Castle walls COULD be made
out of a 1x3 arch and a couple 1x2 and 1x3 bricks, it's as much of a POOP as
any I guess.  Castle wall corners are great though.