 Local / United States / California / San Luis Obispo / * (-5)
Subject:
Library Program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.slo
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:19:25 GMT

Hello out there!

I am the Adult Services Librarian here at the Paso Robles Public Library. In
that capacity, I oversee teen programming with the help of a group of teen
volunteers. My volunteers are interested in hosting a program on "advanced Lego
building techniques," but I am having a hard time finding a local expert to
teach the class. I am looking for someone who can instruct Middle and High
School students on engineering with Legos, making art mosaics with Legos, and
generally instructing on how to build something from your imagination as opposed
to building from a kit.

If anyone is such an expert or knows of a local expert, I would be happy to hear
from you!

thanks in advance, Karen

Re: Second Try-Same As The First (was Re: New LUGNET member-looking for others)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.slo
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 00:50:02 GMT

Matt

Sorry man. I moved out of SLO 2 years ago. Missed you by that much.

Matt Hamand

Subject:
Second Try-Same As The First (was Re: New LUGNET member-looking for others)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.slo
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 08:43:11 GMT

O.K.

So...it's been two months since I last posted my plaintive cry to the
lonely, barren world that is lugnet.loc.us.ca.slo, and it had been three
years since the most recent post before that.

I can't be the only AFOL on California's Central Coast, can I? If I am, it
could explain TLC's recent business problems...I mean, geez! I'm talking
Ventura County to San Francisco here! That's a lot of land to cover, and I'm
the only person supporting the company here? I can't believe that!

So what is it? Is the newsgroup name too long to remember? Perhaps if there
were something like, say, a LEGO USER GROUP in the area, we could be an .org
instead of a .loc. Hmmm...quite the thought, huh?

So, is there anyone out there, or am I just twisting slowly in the wind here
(and no heckling from the peanut gallery out there!)? Come on San Luis/Santa
Maria/Lompoc/Goleta/Santa Ynez/Buellton/Solvang/Santa Barbara/Paso
Robles/Atascadero/etc., pipe up and be heard!

Matt

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.slo, Matthew Gerber writes:
I can't believe there hasn't been a post to this group for three years.
There must be some other LUGNET members on the Central Coast...so where are you?

Matt Gerber

Subject:
New LUGNET member-looking for others
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.slo
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:52:33 GMT

I can't believe there hasn't been a post to this group for three years.
There must be some other LUGNET members on the Central Coast...so where are you?

Matt Gerber

Re: Tom's Toys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.slo
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 20:42:53 GMT

Zach Benz <zbenz_NO_SPAM@hmc.edu>> wrote:

Downton SLO is right off the 101.  Tom's Toys is on Higuera, in the SW
corner of downtown, I believe.  The display really is very nice, and the
store is a very friendly place.  Plus, SLO is a great place to visit in
general. :)

Thanks for the info Zach!  I'll probably be up in your area in six weeks.

Best,

Gary
GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact