 Local / United Kingdom / 2194
Re: UK Consumer Service now in Slough
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 19:16:47 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jon D. Hayward writes:
I called Wrexham today in an attempt to obtain a set of #6278 instructions
(no luck 8-( ), and I was redirected to Slough on 0345 080 070. Slough is
now the base for LEGO (UK), and from next year they will be known as LEGO
Europe North (I guess that needs braces somewhere?). The spares service will
continue as is, but we're still unlikely to see continental European sets
here in the UK...

BTW: this information came from Eleanor @ Consumer Service, and she seemed
pretty certain about what's happening 8-)

Jon.

Grrrr!!
I have ranted about not all sets being available in UK before.

I have this awful feeling that I am going to live just 18 miles from a lego
warehouse stocked full of train parts destined for Europe that I cannot buy
even at Legoland Windor that is right on their doorstep!!!!!

regards
lawrence