 Local / Sverige / 1148
1147  |  1149
Subject:
Micro - Moonbase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:12:48 GMT

Hello all,

I have played a bit with the Moonbase idea, and tried to find a smaller
size, more suitable for my puny Lego collection.

I designed each module on a 16x16 base, and the result can be seen here
(CAD-renderings):

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=27313 (after moderation)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/anders-isak/Moonbase16x/mb16-1.jpg
(corridor)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/anders-isak/Moonbase16x/mb16-2.jpg (old
style)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/anders-isak/Moonbase16x/mb16-3.jpg (with
rounds)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/anders-isak/Moonbase16x/mb16tot.jpg
(POVRay)

There are no details added, it's just a proof of concept yet.

With real Lego, I've built a corridor, one module and an air-lock (stair to
ground), and added some 'stickfigs' and a couple of micro-scale space ships.
Will add photo(s) later...

With this small scale, it's a bit more difficult to do variations, but at
least I have all the pieces needed for more than one module!

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm