 Local / European Union / 170
169  |  171
Subject:
Happy New Year!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 20:52:25 GMT

I would like to wish you all a happy 2003, with lots of LEGO for everyone! :-D

Plus, since this day marks the first anniversary of the Euro (1), I'd love
to know how everything worked for you with it this past year. You see, a
year ago I wrote a message in this newsgroup regarding that topic, and now
it's the time to make the first balance.

Did shopping became easier for you?
Do you think in "EUR" already, or do you still have to revert to the old
currencies?
What about the prices? Did they increase visibly as a consequence?
Have you received many Euro-coins from abroad? ;-)
Have you used EUR *outside* the Euro-zone?

My personal balance is positive, really. I don't travel too often, but at
least for LEGO deals the EUR has proven itself really cool and simpler to
use within Europe. Considering the time saved in exchange bureaus already... :-)

Anyway, share your experiences, good or bad. In a couple years there will be
new members in the Union, and it won't take them long to join the EUR as
well - so I'm sure this subject is of interest to them too!

Cheers,

Pedro

(1) - as a physical currency unit; it marks its fourth birthday since its
value was fixed, back in 1999.