 Local / Canada / Ontario / 183
Re: Do you ever wonder...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 00:37:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Robert Horvath writes:
Hi,

I was at the St. Jacob's Outlet Mall on Wednesday and pickins are pretty
slim at the LEGO Outlet.  The only things that I saw that might be worthy of
a trip are the Gungan Sub co-pack for $39.99 and if you look at the sales
counter very closely, they have some rotation sensors for $19.99.  They also
have LEGO picture frames and cell phone cases.  I felt badly walking out
with nothing in my hands :(

Specials are not that great right now...they are remodelling and things are
a bit disorganized.  I'm just waiting for July and the new train sets.

I was there today.  It seemed well stocked to me, but then I hadn't been
there in a while and my local Zellers store has less LEGO in it than your
average Goodwill store.  I was pleasantly surprised by a few things:

1)  The place is still being renovated, so it was a disaster, but then that
kind of made it fun to look around and find things.  :)

2)  They had all of the Designer Sets in stock (with the exception of the
Creatures, Airplanes and Robots)  The prices ranged from 8.99 down to 26.99
(with the sale being 1 - 3 dollars off regular price).  I fell in love with
these sets immediately.  I ended up buying one copy of the Mini Robots and
two copies of the Maximum Wheels.  WOW.  These sets are amazing.  The idea
books and the selection of pieces show that a tremendous amount of thought
went into these sets.

3)  They had all of the Star Wars mini sets in. I couldn't resist these
either and ended up with one copy of each.  I had only seen these sets on
the net, so it was a treat to see them up close.  Lots of fun.

4)  They had tons of the 4107 tubs and the smaller buckets.  The 4107's are
a bit overpriced for my tastes (at 29.99 regular price) but it was nice to
see them there and well stocked.

5)  They are getting more of the Designer Sets in next week.  I've already
got my name on one of the Creatures sets.  This stuff really makes me glad
to be a LEGO fan.

All the best,
Allan B.