 Local / Canada / New Brunswick / * (-5)
Subject:
I went to New Brunswick for the NovaLUG show!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.nb, lugnet.org.ca.novalug, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2013 15:28:07 GMT

(In February--what was I thinking ;)

So I packed up the OBB Classic Space Layout (and the fam.) and headed over a few
provinces to the east for the NovaLUG show in Dieppe!

To start, the hospitality was second-to-none!!  We met the NovaLUGgers and had
an awesome time talking all things LEGO with them.

The venue was loads of fun, what, with an indoor amusement park with lots of
rides and pools and such!  Josh had a wonderful time just with that bit.

But the show!  Fantastic!  Technic displays, Jean-Marc's GBC, a large train
layout, and Star Wars dioramas, plus lots of other builds!  Well worth the trip!

So with much further ado, here's some links to the NovaLUG's LEGO goodness--

Day 1 (flickr)--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/sets/72157632669414340/

Day 2 (flickr)--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/sets/72157632672872617/

In the local newspaper--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/8448085446/

YouTube vids--

Jean-Marc's GBC--
http://youtu.be/I0UNFJ2TRro

OBB Classic Space Layout--
http://youtu.be/ck3gNzrtxPM

The Show on the local CTV affiliate--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1YkL6sKnuA

I may upload more vids--I'm still crating one for the train layout, the Star
Wars layout and the Technic, so those'll be on YouTube hopefully soon.

Thanks to Jean-Marc and Debbie for the invite and hospitality, and thanks to
NovaLUG for running an absolutely fantastic show!  We will definitely try to
make it again next year!

Dave K

Subject:
NovaLUG attending show in Miramichi Saturday 16th September
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.novalug, lugnet.loc.ca.nb
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:42:54 GMT

NovaLUG is displaying at the Miramichi Crime Stoppers Model Train Show on
September 16th (tomorrow).  There has been a last minute change of venue.  It
will be held in a vacant store in Northumberland Square Mall (formerly
Douglastown) from 10:00 am til 4:00 pm Saturday.  There is also a book fair
going on in the mall at the same time.

Lawrence is planning a cool layout, size limited by the amount he can pack into
his car :).  I believe Sam is also going, and bringing some of his many Technic
sets, some of which are quite old.

Gail Meagher

Re: 1st NovaLUG Meeting at Truro (NS) Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.ns, lugnet.loc.ca.nb, lugnet.loc.ca.pe, lugnet.loc.ca.nf, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:12:42 GMT

In lugnet.events, Jean-Marc Détraz writes:
We are proud to announce that NovaLUG finally got off the ground and "on
track" on October 19th!

Congratulations!

Loved all the monorails! Also the incline with slanted car, and the 4.5v
display items. Clever battery box disguise!

I am taken by how much action you managed to pack into a small layout. I'm
also impressed (and pleased) that you were able to coordinate everything as
well as you did just by email. Track Designer is a great tool for this, it
lets you iterate plans. We often generate jpgs and mark up who has what area
for the next layout to help planning.

Great start! Here's hoping for many more show reports from NovaLUG!

FUT .trains

Re: Truro Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.ns, lugnet.loc.ca.pe, lugnet.loc.ca.nf, lugnet.loc.ca.nb
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:34:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jean-Marc Détraz writes:
Hi,

I'm pleased to annonce our FIRST participation at a Train Show.
It is in Truro, NS this comming saturday. We will launch a new
LUG called --- Novalug --- (for Nova Scotia LUG). We'll have a
modest layout only 90x60 inches, but that's a start!
We hope to have pics from this day.

If you want to know more about it, send me an e-mail

Best regards to all, Jean-Marc (and Gail and Lawrence)

Congratulations on your new LUG.
Hope the show goes well, and looking forward to the pictures.
Play well.

Tim Strutt
ParLUGment #2
MonLUG #7

Re: March 10, 2002 Lego Day at Fundy Geo Museum Nova Scotia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.nb
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 21:48:30 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.nb, Andrew Burt writes:
Now I'm confused.  I took a quick look at the archive and didn't find a
message, so now I'm thinking it was just an e-mail.  I remember your name
and noting you were in Florenceville (since I was supposed to go their on
business around the time I saw your name and e-mail address, about a year
ago).  Have you sold on eBay?  There's an off chance I asked a question
about an item or there's an off chance that I'm completely nuts and I'm
creating memories as I go.  At least the bricks are real!  Regardless, I'm
happy to know that other Maritimers are active AFOLs.

Aha!  This must be it:
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/ca/?n=704

Yep.  The Maritimes were THE place to be when the 2001 sets hit the shelves.

Jeff J

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact