 Local / Australia / Queensland / Brisbane / 379
Re: Brislug meeting, anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2006 08:31:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The Brislug meeting was held today and a good time was had by all thanks to
our host Allister and his wife Mary.

Who was there? Umm, from memory ... some of the regular crowd: Allister
(obviously), Michael, Mark, Aaron, Gary, Callum, Tara, Ken, me plus ex-pat
blow-in Tim Gould.

What Lego was there? To be honest, I was a bit confused over who brought
what. But Allister and sons had a number of MOCs on display (I liked the
mecha with the tusks).

Michael Dallaston brought an array of MOCs, including a Santa robot which
moves on tractor treads and waggled its arms and spun its ... well whatever
the bit of it that spun was ... a rather sinister Santa. Michael also had a
number of pieces that seemed to be submarines or space ships depending on
how you looked at them, with detailed interiors, plus a rather interesting
MOC that transformed from a land vehicle, a boat and a square-thing (what
was it? a fish farm?).

I brought a Christmas-themed death star (or almost death star, I was running
out of parts). I also brought along the Lego Holiday Train set which was
much admired -- general consensus: nice model, very reusable parts, good
value for money.

Thanks to Allister and Mary for the yummy BBQ lunch!

Kerry