 Local / Australia / 5083
Re: Christmas lay-bys expire
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:21:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
I just saw a number of Lego items go onto the shelf at my local Toyworld
(Jindalee). Apparently, these were all items put on lay-by in the
pre-Christmas period. As 3 months has now passed without further contact
from the customer, these items are all being released from lay-by and put
back on the shelf.

I always thought this would be a reason for a mysterious re-appearance.

According to the staff member, there are always lots of goods (in general,
not just Lego) put away on lay-by pre-Christmas that are never finalised.

Everyone knows purchasing on credit is always easier.

So if you missed something pre-Christmas, you might get another bite at the
cherry from these expired lay-bys.

Does anyone know if 3-month lay-bys are normal for most stores? That is,
will many stores be putting a lot of Lego back on the shelves right now?

Chain stores usually do two months, independents would be more flexible due
to the higher retail prices.