 Local / Australia / 2945
RE: Shell Lego promo sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:08:10 GMT

G'day...

Guess what, they are VERY old stock..these sets were part of the 1997 promo
[see sets 2535-2544 [this set would be 2538, I think]] What has probably
happened is that shell have moved stock from a smaller servo to there.

NOTE: apparently some shell servo's in Aus DID have the select shop set in
the last promo...pity they didn't tell anyone.

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: David Drew [mailto:david@hydrowash.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2000 10:25 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Shell Lego promo sets

Hi,
I was filling up my car at a Shell service station the other
day, and I noticed an interesting thing...

As I was paying for my fuel, I noticed they had about eight
promo sets. They were from the castle theme. I'm not sure of
the set name, but it looked the same as the "flamethrower
wagon". The number on the box was No. 4.

Is this a new lot of promo sets? I was under the impression
that the last lot of promo sets was from the city theme, and
this station isn't old enough to have old stock lying around
from the promo before that.

So what do you guys think? New promo, or old sets?

later,
David Drew