 Local / Australia / 2373
Re: Web fun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 02:32:37 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:

For mine, I'm still building and webbing and all that.  And I find myself
wondering how come with all the AustralianFOLs we have posting (40 odd?) there
are yet only seven websites.  As I understand it, most ISPs give away free
hosting space, and there is much web help to be had - so...

  What is it that keeps the number of websites down?
<snipped>

Mostly what everyone else has said :)  No time, no digital camera, no scanner.
Not even any film in the ordinary point and click camera!  (Who buys film
when there is still Lego on the wishlist?! :) )

Actually I don't get that much time to build at the moment, the trouble
with kids (mine at least) is that they have very fixed ideas on what gets
built and when, whenever I start something it gets hijacked.

Ah for the days when my son was too young for system and had two naps a day...
I used to get to build then.  For now I have to content myself collecting
for the future and just sitting down and digging in with my son, which is
fun, good bonding and all that, it's just not terribly productive as far as
models go.

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com