 Local / Australia / 14388
Re: ebay Australia going paypal only in June
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 00:17:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:

While eBay claims it is for buyer safety, I have to wonder if the buyers are
actually clamouring for it. Although I'm a minnow in the world of Lego
sales, I have sold on both bricklink and ebay over a few years and I have
always offered other Aussies a wide variety of payment methods including
Paypal, direct bank deposit, cheque, cash in the post, money order, etc. Now
I don't levy any kind of direct or hidden fee for using Paypal so for the
buyer the cost to them of using Paypal or direct deposit is the same. Yet
almost every Aussie buyer chooses to pay by direct bank deposit with only a
couple paying with Paypal. So, this tells me that Paypal is not the
preference of Aussie buyers.

Pretty much true on my side, I prefer direct deposit, and have done that for
most  orders, second method I use a credit card (If they have the facilities set
up), I will never get a paypal account, so no more ebay for me.

(I don't trust a company thats holds my money as a "bank" but is not covered by
any banking regulations.)

Aaron A