 Local / Australia / 13757
    Cost of registration for Brickvention 2006 —Frances Schroeter
   Having read a lot of the threads complaining about the $50 registration cost for Brickvention 2006, I thought it was actually very cheap for a two day convention even if things haven't been finalized yet and I have sent off my registration. As for (...) (18 years ago, 9-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Cost of registration for Brickvention 2006 —Peter Parsons
     (...) Frances I would not put it as "complaining" we were just disscussing it:) (...) Too true Brisbane is a lot further and requires a bit more logistical planning. Even having a look at Kerry's majical Virgin Blue site it would still set me back (...) (18 years ago, 9-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

         Re: Cost of registration for Brickvention 2006 —Aaron Amatnieks
     (...) Don't feel sorry about raiseing it, it is a legitimate issue for a lot of Australians , Unlike the states (cheap airfares) or europe (most countries are not much bigger than Victoria), Australia is a stupidly large country, I did the drive (...) (18 years ago, 9-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Transporting MOCs for Brickvention 2006 —Ross Crawford
   (...) I have now travelled to 2 Brickfests in the US, both times I took 2 bags, mostly filled with MOCs, broken into the smallest reasonably solid pieces I could, surrounded by clothes. Each MOC section was wrapped tightly with bubble wrap, to keep (...) (18 years ago, 9-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Transporting MOCs for Brickvention 2006 —Richie Dulin
   (...) Having observed the baggage handlers at work in their dismantling of the brig Seatop on Sunday night (amongst their other duties), I think the secret to transporting MOCs might be that 32kg. Light bags are thrown around alot. Heavy bags are (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Transporting MOCs for Brickvention 2006 —Melody Brown
   (...) When I went to the UK from Germany I took a MOC (a house) and I made it into levels. I separated the levels and shoved small clothing items inside them and then placed that lot into a bag (so if parts come off, it is in the bag and not the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.loc.au)