 Local / Australia / 12957
Re: loc.au stats (was - all quiet on the loc.au front)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 00:28:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:

In November, there were 62 posts to .loc.au (284 in Nov 02), 56 from Australians
and 6 from visitors (258 and 26 in Nov 02)

There were 22 (47) posters, of whom 20(37) were Australians, and 2(10) were
visitors.

The averages were as follows:

Australians - 2.8 (St Dev 2 median 3, mode 2)
(7.0 posts per poster (St Dev 8.6, median 1, mode 1))

Foreigners - 3.0 (St Dev 2.8)
(2.6 posts per poster (St Dev 4.7, median 3, mode 1))

The top six posters for November were:

10 Ross Crawford
4 Braith Garden, Geoffrey Hyde, Jonathon Wilson, Pete White AND Travis Matheson

(Nov 02
37 Richie Dulin
35 Kerry Raymond
21 Allister McLaren
16 Larry Pieniazek
14 Pete White AND Ben Whytcross)

All I seem to post are joint posts  :^O

How things have changed! (I note this is the first time I've compiled the stats
that I haven't been in the top 5.)

But why have things changed? Too much cheap lego to build with these days? That
topic that has its own mispelled newsgroup? Have we been concentrating on
quality of posts rather than quantity of posts? Not enough .loc.au statistics?

I see a lot of bidding activity on ebay from the tooth of the grim, 1000 lego
items at any one time is a lot to chew through.

pete.w (industrial-use only quality)