 Local / Australia / 11724
Re: Information on Hobart, Tasmania needed (for June)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.tas.hob
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 02:13:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown wrote:
   Hi Taswegians and what-ever else happens to be down there ;)

I will be making my way down there to Hobart, Tasmania Wed 2nd June - Tue 8th June and for $29AUD each way (flying), why not!

I guess winter in Tasmania seems pretty appealing right now. Remember to pack a jumper or twelve.

I can’t really help with tourist info (even though I grew up in Tas I lived in the NW), but I would like to know more about these $29 tickets. Who are they with, and do they only fly to Hobart?

Allister

Do yourself a favour and sign-up with flightcentre... I did and that is how I found out such a good deal. It’s through Virginblue... apparently cheap because of the new Jetstar thing happening...

But for $29 each way, I couldn’t miss it... But it took ages to get through the site (around 1 hour), but I finally got through, had to adjust a few days here and there to get a return at that price... but keep looking until you find what you need... from Brisbane, it advertised to Hobart and the rest to places like Whitsundays, Cairns, Rockhampton etc... mainly QLD destinations..

Best of luck...

You might need it - apparently Jetstar have been swamped:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/02/26/1077676864517.html

Cheers,