 Local / Australia / 10025
  S@H catalogue

Hi just read on (URL) about the S@H catalogue as a print copy. Cna we get that here? What other print materials can we get? and how? Thanks Robert (click) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: S@H catalogue

(...) G'day, Unfortunately, due to LEGO's low opinion of Australian shoppers, they don't make any of these sorts of items available to Australia. However, if you collect these sorts of items, then send me an email and I'll send out a list of (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: S@H catalogue

(...) *All* shoppers? Or maybe just some? Or maybe just a very very few who whinge a lot for no valid reason? (...) A number of US BrickLink(tm) sellers get a lot of catalogs and will be happy to include one in an order you place with them, if (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: S@H catalogue

(...) Not all shoppers individually perhaps, but certainly all shoppers collectively. While we now have S@H in Australia (and new cheaper shipping too), LEGO does seem to have a low priority for, if not a low opinion of, their Australian market. The (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: S@H catalogue

Dredging up an old thread (...) I think this is a semantic difference, "shoppers" vs. "market". L A chooses not to serve the A market the way that you would prefer, for whatever reason. Their opinion of particular shoppers may be a small factor but (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: S@H catalogue

(...) Oh well, I'd better respond. Got to keep the .loc.au post count up, after all ;-) (...) I'd go for 'infinitesimally small factor', rather than 'small factor', but then, despite recent assertions to the contrary, I cannot read the mind of LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: S@H catalogue

(...) We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Perhaps my sample set differs from yours, however, for whatever reasons. (...) No, but that's not what I said either. Markets can consist of other things than nations. (...) I think it more than (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: S@H catalogue

(...) <SNIP> (...) Well...The LA "execs" really weren't doing all that much back then...however they have recently started to improve their handling of LEGO in Oz...We've returned to a shared UK/Aus catalogue/product range instead of a pruned down (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: S@H catalogue

Things I wish Lego Australia would do: 1.more info about what is comming out and what isnt comming out and when 2.more work with fan groups in all states 3.get catalogs out earlier (I am not a marketing person but I would think that doing as much (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Assistance from LEGO to local groups (was Re: S@H catalogue)

(...) -snip- (...) -snip- Jake and LEGO Direct have experience working with fan groups - LEGO Australia do not (AFAIK). Now we have a (URL) offer> from Jake to listen to our ideas, I think the ball is well and truly in our court to respond with a (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Assistance from LEGO to local groups (was Re: S@H catalogue)

(...) The pertinent question here is: What kind of work would we like LA to do with adult fans? The situation here in Aus is totally different to the US in that a)we are a much much smaller group b)we don't have local people involved in things like (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Assistance from LEGO to local groups (was Re: S@H catalogue)

(...) Train exhibitions: Signage, promotional material (handouts, possibly hats and T-shirts for exhibitors), prizes for guessing/finding competitions and advertising (world club magazine). I think train exhibitions are the only (current) event (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)