 LEGOLAND / Windsor / 145
144  |  146
Subject:
Legoland Windsor Visit Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.windsor
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:04:08 GMT

What a great day. Our fourth trip this year!
The rain held off so apart from it being rather dull and a few bits of light
drizzle we didn't have to wear coats or even bother carrying any.
Boy was it quiet. Some pre-school kids and one set of really well behaved school
group. We didn't have to wait for anything. In fact we stayed on, on most of the
rides. After going around the Castle Dragon ride for the third time without
getting off we decided we were feeling either hungry or sick. There were about 4
people in the Castle restaurant and we were given "extra" Lego mini-sets while
sitting eating our lunch. As the weather wasn't that warm we managed to keep off
most of the wet rides. We did go on the log flume and we did get wet. We could
have stayed on that and gone around and around but just the one ride was enough.
We watched the 12:00 and 16:00 show. On both occasions Nath & Jon were first to
positions 3 & 4 ready to soak the baddies. Nath worked out that by twisting the
water jet in just a particular way he could get the thing pointing into the
crowd. As the crowd at that point consisted of his brother and Mum & Dad he was
persuaded not to try it during the show!
There seemed to be loads of Playstation consoles running Lego Star Wars at most
of the covered activities. Nath enjoyed himself entering some of the funnier
cheat codes. There were big changes afoot in mini-land with the whole of London
being dug up. Nothing new there then ;-)
Nath went off for a Mindstorm session. I think they only ran one session as it
was so quiet. We couldn't persuade them that Jon at 6 was really 8 so he spent
the 45min building the mini-kits and seeing the 4D show. Of which there always
seems to be something not working. It was the water spray as the racer comes out
of the snow bank. It was quite funny though as there were obviously loads of
kids who hadn't seen the show before as there were loads of screams when things
came close up in 3D.
No real bargains in any of the shops. Mrs. S-J picked up some LLW Tee-Shirts at
half price at the bottom shop. These were full price at the top shop, very odd.
We generally work on the basis that just as something is at the bottom shop
doesn't mean it'll be at the top shop or at the same price. We had a close look
at the new big Bionicle set which looks good and has gone in at Number 1 on
Jon's Xmas list.
The outside warehouse had its usual mix of stuff. Loads of pink things that the
boys avoided at all cost. We picked up an Apollo Moon Lander for £15. The best
buy, however, were the key rings. 50p yes 50p each for pass holders. Compared
with £3 each or £5.40 for 3 for pass holders inside the park 50p was a complete
bargain. They had a good range to. One lady handed us one having spent 10
minutes herself rummaging through one of the crates having found a rare one.
Talking of crates they were even selling the crates themselves. The lids had the
Lego logo on but they weren't anything special.
On the way back “up north” we pulled off the A404 towards Henley and stopped at
the Red Lion Pub. Actually it’s the first pub on the Henley road off the A404.
The food was really good. They were the sort of place that would do anything for
you. i.e. a Kids portion of an Adult meal off the lunchtime menu in the evening.
A fine selection of beer (or diet coke as yours truly being the nominated
driver).
So is that another year over? No way. There's another teacher training day at
the end of October and of course my birthday in December and Christmas yet.
Having just got back I can't wait to go again.