 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 497
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 22:30:38 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:

LEGO has respectfully requested that the leaked information on this thread be
deleted or otherwise removed from view.

Ahh, hmm.  So, the information has been released to Target Stores, and Target
has placed it in their computer.  An employee of Target who has access to that
information legally (ie, he was not sneaking into his bosses' offices) shared
it with us, just as he could by store policy if we walked into the store, and
Lego says we can't discuss it?

That's more than slightly ridiculous.

Gotta agree with Eric here.

And wow, I guess I either need to spend more time reading various groups again
or give up entirely.  In fact, I'm a little scared after looking at the little
dots view of this thread.  Most of what I'm seeing are "cancelled" messages.
Coming to all of this late (I never saw the original message, don't much care
about it one way or the other - but anyone who has it feel free to e-mail it
to me, I'll keep quiet) I guess I just have to trust that Todd either got
permission from all those posters to zap their messages, doesn't need it
(probably true, according to the tos), and exercised some good judgement in
this wholesale deletion of a discussion.

I know Todd's a good guy, so I guess I can hope that he exercised good
judgement, but I guess if we were waiting for a more obvious answer to
the "will Lego have any sort of influence here" we just got it.

Opinions may differ on that, of course, and if Todd says he was acting to
protect Lego's privacy, I guess I have to believe him, but this sounds a lot
like grabbing some of the fur off the cat after he's out of the bag and trying
to shove that back in, realizing the cat is still running around in plain site
elsewhere.