 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4641
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:19:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Two years ago, LD made a cash donation to LUGNET.  Brad projected high hopes
for there being additional donations in the future.  I personally would feel
a lot more comfortable with TLC's long-term expanded presence here if it was
demonstrably interested some sort of ongoing financial support.  Brad's
excellent t-shirt idea[1] also seems to have been all but forgotten about at
TLC.  It's too easy for me to hear ideas like this and have high expectations.

--Todd

[1] http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=863

Intersting points, Todd.

One thing I seen....is the apparent lack of "care" TLC has really put forth
in north america.

There still is a wide gaps in quality products between Europe and North
America.  Sure its nice to have 2 fulfillment centers, but why does one
have nice things, especially non-lego Lego-Branded items (Europe - as in
cool brick-style lunchpails, Cargo Systems, and nice Black, LEGO Polo Shirts
...vs North America - various current or recent theme t-shirts)

Plus, the whole service pack issue...is very upsetting to me...how there
are packs available but only in Europe.  The company is supposed to be
worldwide, but it seems they really not looking to achieve their objectives
as the key world toy brand by 2003.

I would feel more sympathy for the company, but really I have to agree...
it is already has its say on how it wants to conduct business.  Why should
Lugnet bend over backwards to please them already.  Membership on Lugnet
is one thing, but ownership is another.  If LEGO really wanted to dictate
how it wanted it to do business on LUGNET, all it had to do was maintain
its donations.

As far as Lugnet going downhill, that really is in how you approach the
situation.  If you sit back and generally complain, you will feel that it
is going downhill, because you contributed to it negatively.  If you get
involved, even 5 to 10 percent (and all of it positive), you will find that
the community will get better.

Just my input....

Benjamin Medinets