 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4470
Re: We are ready.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 17:19:09 GMT

"John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message
news:GuwALr.AG5@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.lego.direct, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

Sorry, but I can't help thinking that this software would be a huge
disappointment if they released it now.
It will undoubtably be constrained by the type of bricks that you are
able to model from.
Those bricks will be the same bricks that are available as bulk • today.
If they can't put a wider range of bricks into the bulk selection, I
can't see how they will miraculously be able to make them available • for
mocs.

It's the bricks we need, not the software to model them with

lawrence

Perhaps this means that a larger variety of parts are, in fact,
available :)

I don't think so.
1. the software isn't available anyway - so who knows.
2. it  must be much, much more difficult for Lego to pick and package
bricks for self designed mocs than it is to put 50 of the same brick in
a packet. Allowing a wide range of bricks only makes it harder.

As I said, if they cant expand the range of bulk bricks I fail to see
how they can make a wider range available for mocs.

lawrence