 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4389
  Re: $2,137.00

(...) [...] (...) It tends to drive up the final price, in my opinion. I think it's better to wait until the last minute (or in some cases, the last 10 seconds) of an auction before submitting your true highest bid... --Bill. XFUT: (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: $2,137.00

Some people don't like "waiting until the last minute", calling it "sniping". But I do it all the time, it keeps other people from emotionally trying to top what I realistically consider a good price. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: $2,137.00

(...) Too much stress. I just "bid and forget" most of the time... I just place my bid & forget all about it. If I win, I get a little e-mail from ebay a few days later. Scott A =+= Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: $2,137.00

(...) Yes. I feel sniping is a valid technique although I don't do it myself. I think sniping really is just a way to keep your bid secret, even the fact that you plan to bid... and a way to keep your bid lower than if you started early. And if you (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: $2,137.00

(...) I completely agree...it is a bit underhanded, but how else are you going to win the bid at a "fair" price. I also agree with the assessment that proxy voting does tend to drive up the price quickly, and you end up paying more than you really (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: $2,137.00

(...) Of course if more people waited until the last minute to bid, prices overall would be lower for a couple reasons: - no bidding wars - people would forget to check the auction On the other hand, if two people really want the item, and bid their (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: $2,137.00

(...) Again, you don't need to take the time, there are technologies that will snipe FOR you without you needing to do more than just decide what your true maximum is and how close to auction end you want to cut it. No need to wait around to the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.theory)