 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4364
4363  |  4365
Subject:
Prices of the various legends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:16:26 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Matthew Gerber writes:

Someone else think to write this down for Aaron?

Here is the complete text of the descriptions, posted without permission,
for the purposes of furthering discussion.

- start -

Below are some pictures of LEGO sets. Assuming that all of these sets were
available right now, in your market, how interested are you in this set?

LEGO Set Your interest in this set

<yellow castle pic>

This castle was the first in the legendary LEGO Castle line! When first
released, it was noted for having the highest piece count for its price of
any LEGO set. The set included four horses built from of bricks, and the
first ever Knight mini-figures! Includes walls the open so you can play
inside the castle as well.

A re-issue of this set would cost about USD $70 (75 Euro), and include
approximately 779 pieces.

<mainstreet pic>

A classic scene from LEGO city life in 1980: main street complete with a
hotel, an auto repair shop, and a popcorn stand. There's a car, a truck, and
a working crane that can lift building materials to help complete the hotel,
and eight minifigs including a policeman, a popcorn chef, a construction
crew and some ordinary citizens out for a walk.

If Main Street was re-launched as a LEGO Legend, it would include new
"rails" for the crane to slide sideways in, new road plates with a broader
road and fewer rows of studs, and a new tree instead of the tall cypress tree.

A re-issue of this set would cost about USD $60 (65 Euro), and include
approximately 551 pieces.

<BFF pic>

LEGO Castle models produced from 1982-1985, like the Black Falcon Fortress,
included TECHNIC holes and pins - this allowed different castle sets to be
connected so as to make bigger and better castles. What made this set stand
out was its ability to be transformed from a castle with four walls to a
single long wall with towers and a drawbridge. The Black Falcon Fortress was
the first Castle set to include rounded castle wall pieces and "timber
frame" wall pieces. Includes six mini-figures and two mini-figure scale horses.

A re-issue of this set would cost about USD $35 (40 Euro), and include
approximately 435 pieces

<Battrax pic>

From the first LEGO Blacktron line, the design was heavily influenced by the
work of sci-fi illustrator Chriss Foss. The craft had a cockpit built for
two, moveable wings, compartments for storage, and more. It could also be
separated into 3 sections and rebuilt in a variety of ways!

A re-issue of this set would cost about USD $25 (30 Euro), and include
approximately 276 pieces.

<BSB pic>

First released in 1989, the Black Seas Barracuda is the largest LEGO ship to
sail the high seas and the first Pirate vessel. This massive ship was a
truly impressive set, even requiring the design of new hull elements.

The eight mini-figures that were included with the set marked another first
- faces that were more animated than the standard LEGO "smiley face." There
were also other mini-figure firsts: the first wooden leg, first female
mini-figure, and first mini-figure monkey!

This set was designed to have great play value, with four moving cannons, a
crane that can hoist and turn, a captain's cabin that opens, and hiding
places for a treasure map and treasure chest.

A re-issue of this set would cost about USD $100 (110 Euro), and include
approximately 865 pieces.

- end -

Hope that helps.